Comments
by
on ‎05-11-2015 01:12 PM

I think it would be nice to be able to schedule when to upgrade a list of switches/access points.

by
on ‎05-11-2015 03:02 PM

True.  But....  Are you that brave?  To let your switch or AP upgrade in the middle of the night without someone watching?  I hesitate to upgrade something remotely unless I have some way to immediately reboot or reset it.  

by
on ‎05-12-2015 05:05 AM

Agreed, for switches I would be on site, but I have APs everywhere so I am not as concerned about those.

by
on ‎06-02-2015 02:57 PM

agreed.  I tend to wake up early whenever I'm doing unifi updates so I can beat clients in.  schedules are good.

by Ubiquiti Employee
on ‎06-28-2015 05:38 PM
Status changed to: Under Consideration

by
on ‎12-04-2015 08:30 PM

Would be good to put intelligence in where if there is a gateway, switch and APs in the same location they should be upgraded in that order to ensure power isn't cut to APs during an update.

by
‎12-14-2015 11:25 AM - edited ‎12-14-2015 12:10 PM

True.  But....  Are you that brave?  To let your switch or AP upgrade in the middle of the night without someone watching?  I hesitate to upgrade something remotely unless I have some way to immediately reboot or reset it.  

Yes I am.  Whether I'm watching an update fail in front of me or it happens behind my back it won't change the fact that some of my sites are 100 and 150 miles away.  Either way I either have to jump in a car or tap a colleague/sub to make a service call.  Neither of those things will be instant so if a firmware upgrade goes south, the site is down.  Remote reboot of the access points I already have in place and I don't use ubnt for routing so not taking down my internet access to the site.

The fact that some people are scared of it is fine for THEIR purposes but it's no reason to scoff at others with other purposes.  rm -rf / will bork the living snot out of an *nix system if you run it as root - but it's still included.  This software (afai can tell) is not aimed the candy crush/snapchat level user but at sysadmins.  I don't need protecting from myself.

"I'm not IN danger Skyler - I am THE danger." - Walter White

by
on ‎03-16-2016 08:58 AM

I would like to see this feature added to the release, it would also be great to choose devices that will be included in the automatic upgrade so they can be done in batches.

Thanks. 

by
on ‎03-29-2016 02:02 PM

+1

by
on ‎04-13-2016 12:51 AM

Any timescales on this feature?