Comments
by
on ‎09-30-2014 02:04 PM

Yet another person that thought all unifi-pro stuff did ZH. 

These will be going on ebay and wiping my hands of Ubiquiti 

by
on ‎10-13-2014 02:36 AM

Hey, 

what's the status of ZH on UAP-AC?

by
on ‎10-26-2014 02:50 AM

In March it was said it would be here "soon". Now we're almost in November and its still not there. What's the deal guys?

by
‎10-26-2014 03:27 AM - edited ‎10-26-2014 04:20 AM

I've received an e-mail reply from their support. It's still a "very near" for when it will be available.

Quote:

The UniFi AC works on 256-QAM, a higher modulation scheme that increases data transfer efficiency and uses 80 MHz wide bandwidth that is 2x wider than current 802.11n solutions. This is reason why many 802.11ac enabled devices have issues syncing Zero Handoff.

Our Developers are working hard to sync UniFi Ac to zero handoff with other UAP's without compromising the power and features of the UniFi Ac Device.

The exact dates for the release of new firmware supporting Zero Hand-off not yet confirmed, But we are very near.

I'm really very sorry for the trouble you're facing and I really appreciate your patience.

Update:

Further definition of "very near" reveals that this is equivallent to "a couple of months":

Quote:

But I can assure you that Zero Handoff and Wireless Uplink feature in the UniFi AP-AC is almost there. Just a couple of month it'll be there. Its in the Alpha phase and can be released any time.

by
on ‎12-04-2014 12:18 AM

It's been almost a year now. By the looks of it, it's been "very near" (a few months) for a while now. What gives? We have around 20 of these and our project launch date is close... Needless to say the impression people will get without ZH is going to be terrible.

by
on ‎12-06-2014 06:18 PM

If interoperability with older UAPs is what's holding up deployment, then how about an exclusively UAP-AC ZH option until then?

by
‎12-08-2014 02:38 AM - edited ‎12-08-2014 02:41 AM

Roaming performance is horrible in our network, with the UAP-AC model.

Computers always stay connected on the wrong AP, even when packet loss is 50% and latencies over 500 ms. When can we have an alpha version?

Manually clicking "Reconnect" from the UniFI web interface fixes the problem for specific client. Something that would detect bad connection and force reconnections, even with small reconnect delay, would be very helpful.

by
on ‎12-08-2014 03:12 AM

keitsi, roaming is not supported (yet) on UAP-AC. I'm seeing exactly the same behavior as you're seeing. What works best for me (crappy as it is) is switching off Wifi on the device encountering problems and then switching it on again. Then it usually does take the nearest and strongest access point again. Of course not very convinient if you're walking around, consider it a last resort to get your connectivity going again.

Hopefully they'll fix the roaming feature for the UAP-AC soon. Really wouldn't have purchased this way more expensive and way higher electricity consuming model if I'd have known this from the start.

by
on ‎12-24-2014 01:09 PM

I'm in the same boat. Bought 3 UAP-AC and an AC outdoor for an installation and just now finding no ZH...

by
on ‎12-24-2014 01:11 PM

I was in contact with Ubiquiti support again today about this. If only their developers were as fast as their support is with replying.. Man Happy The answer is still "work in progress, it's coming soon, can't mention timelines".