Cloudflare recently published their DNS resolver openly under 126.96.36.199:
For fully preventing plaintext DNS queries over the public internet, one would require a DNS resolver to support DNS-over-TLS or DNS-over-HTTPS. As such, it would be great if USG could support DNS-over-TLS: https://developers.cloudflare.com/188.8.131.52/dns-over-tls/
I would love to see the ability to be able to have graphs and or table of past temperatures from any device that is able to sence temperatures.
Also to be able to recieve over temp alerts would be great too.
I don't really care how it would be implemented but it would be great if Unifi Devices could generate WOL packets to wake up a device on the network. In the controller having a WAKE button on the Insights screen perhaps since the device wouldn't be active on the clients screen. I don't know if this would be possible but it would be value added feature I'm sure we would all appreciate.
Similar to other suggestions, but one that could probably be done without much work:
What I see now:
What I'd like to see:
This way I don't have to scroll through an alert to see what exactly went down.
Also, could the subject be modified?
"[UniFi] Alert: unifi.mymspcompany.com Switch Disconnected"
doesn't tell me anything
"[UniFi] Alert: unifi.mymspcompany.com CLIENT-SW01-48 Disconnected"
is much better.
There needs to be a good solution for filtering content for children (and adults).
I know this is a tough thing to do but tacking it and having a good easy to use solution would put you way ahead of the competition in opened up a whole new market.
With the latest release of Controller v5.9.29, the ability to see the status VPN connections seems to have been depreciated.
Being able to assess any site-to-site VPN connections from the dashboard would be greatly appreciated.
Cloudflare recently published their DNS resolver openly under 184.108.40.206:
For fully preventing plaintext DNS queries over the public internet, one would require a DNS resolver to support DNS-over-TLS or DNS-over-HTTPS. As such, it would be great if USG could support DNS-over-HTTPS: https://developers.cloudflare.com/220.127.116.11/dns-over-https/
I Am looking for a possibility to make an usergroup in wich i can limit the time an user has acces to,for example, the internet.
a bit like the possibility wich momentarely is in WLAN timescheme but then for LAN users.
Kind Regards, Bart Eshuis
I have a USG-PRO-4 and just switched from pfSense. In pfSense I was able to catch all outgoing DNS requests (regardless of which server they were pointed at) and redirect them to some other internal or external DNS server. Part of my security and content filtering strategy requires this but there is currently no easy way to do it with the UniFi controller.
Can this be added as an option in the controller GUI? Something like a checkbox that says "Redirect DNS Requests" and a field to manually enter an address.
Currently files have to be modified by hand and the changes won't persist once a change is made to the USG from the controller. Below are a few links that outline the necessary changes, which can't be done from the controller.
It's my understanding that the impitus to limited (at least initially) UniFi Protect to the Cloud Key Gen2 Plus hardware appliance (as opposed to allowing "Roll Your Own Server" gear) was mostly about maintaining tight control over other hardware variables, *not* so much the storage subsystem (given the relatively low storage performance requirements, generally sequential nature, etc).
I think if we could have a GUI-presented way to path our video storage directory to an NFS mount for video storage, that would go a *LONG* way to easing people's concerns with the appliance. It makes the appliance much more appealing because, for those that want to (or, businesses that require it), you take away all of the downsides of a single, non-inherently redundent, drive bay (i.e., better redundency, much larger storage capacities, etc).
Given the limited of 20 Cameras for the Cloud Key Gen2 Plus, the actual throughput as generated by the max support cameras, using Full-Time Recording at the highest framerate / bitrate, is only ~120Mbps. Or lets call it 240Mbps if you include the data going back out again via NFS. Either way, nowhere near saturating the 1GbE NIC on the appliance.
Lastly, if memory serves, this is something I believe you can do today in the UVC-NVR running v3.x (granted, it had to be done via the CLI).
Therefore, is there any reason why this couldn't be done with the Cloud Key Gen2 Plus and Protect (perhaps via CLI today and "comming-to-a-Protect-GUI-near-you" at some point in the future)?
THis is a *MUST HAVE* feature which Meraki (focused on school districts) has.
It is pratically impossible to beat them on a RFC when a superintendent ask if out of the box we can block adult contents.
Please add this feature, and extend the DPI Restriction categories
The listing of VPN users in the Insights section is odd to me. I think they should be listed where other users and networks are. The current information is also incomplete and lacking. There is an IP heading but never an IP listed. There's no site-to-site at all in 5.9.x yet. I propose something that looks like this and welcome other's input. I have local IP and VPN IP because a user could be assigned an IP via config.gateway.json file that isn't part of the VPN network addresses.
Can you please add a Downlink port identification, just like the way you already do for the Uplink. I need to detect if someone plug a new switch (manage or not / UniFi or not) into UniFi switch in my networks.
thank you !
Rather than self-signed certs, web-exposed controllers should have the ability to grab and automatically maintain a Let's Encrypt cert as a one-click solution.
Per the rather concise discussion at
We're requesting that you provide VLAN support on the UCK. It could be set up under the UCK management page, and settings imported to/from the Unifi controller.
VLAN for Unifi management to match the management VLAN settings in the unifi controller for switches and APs.
- MUST tag all traffic into this VLAN from the controller.
- SHOULD be capable of listening and responding on untagged discover requests.
- ideally, SHOULD be capable of passing back management VLAN tag as part of inform.
- possibly Unifi devices SHOULD auto-provision L2 and L3 into mgmt VLAN if set.
VLAN for cameras
- MUST tag all video server traffic into this VLAN from the controller.
- SHOULD be capable of being set to the same as the VLAN tag for Unifi for simple cases.
- MUST NOT allow unauthorised devices to this VLAN (auto mac prefix filtering and whitelist at very minimum, PKI better)
- Ideally a larger piece of work would be to create a network type "video" in the unifi controller.
I emailed support about this, and they suggested I post this as a "feature request" on the community forum, which seems an odd way of going about it, but okay.
After upgrading my Ubuntu machine from 16.04 to 18.04 I was unpleasantly surprised to see that the Unifi management software is incompatible with the version of MongoDB included in Ubuntu 18.04. Considering this release has been out for 3 months (with betas available prior to that), I would have expected this to have been resolved.
So, here's my feature request: Ubiquiti, please support MongoDB versions newer than 3.4, so that Ubuntu 18.04 (and any other distributions that upgrade MongoDB) users can use Unifi again.
currently theres no way to add additinal users to the unifi.ubnt.com controlers portal.
as an entrprise this would be invaluble, we set up many schools with the Unifi controlers and have no way to manage them off site as we have a team of 30 Technitians adding them to the Unifi.ubnt.com access to see all our sites would be invaluble. I woulnt like to give them all access to the same account for security reasons.
- sanandreas on: Ability to remove default site when multiple sites available
- sanandreas on: list cloudkey on ubnt device liston controller not in client list
- sanandreas on: DCHP settings ability to reserve IP address to a device MAC address in controller
- sanandreas on: USG has too many limitations. Basic functions on most other routers are missing or not supported
- jmorgan_xx on: New Product: Unifi MoCa
- jprillhart on: Unifi Controller Refresh Rate Setting
- mnaz on: When using Unifi it would be nice to be able to force a backup, rather then wait for the autobackup.
- scott_thomson on: Multi-tenant UniFi controller
- Jardin_Espanol on: To be able to see a history of temperature and to be able to get over temp alerts
- Jardin_Espanol on: Switch Stats, allow LAG groups to show stats for the group
- [Request] Logging failed attempts for Network
- Allow access to the controller for Ubiquiti Live Support.
- Video NVR: Categorize , Label recorded Videos
- Notes field to record helpful info
- Better error msg when setting up controller password. Not clear enough
- Ability to remove default site when multiple sites available
- list cloudkey on ubnt device liston controller not in client list
- DCHP settings ability to reserve IP address to a device MAC address in controller
- Ability to set either WAN1 or WAN2 as primary on USG
- Port forwarding WAN2 on USG not supported on controller. Accepted 11/17/2016 still waiting