New Idea
0 Kudos

Cell phone MAC to change environment

Submitted by -

Different people in the office have different needs. When person one walks in and connects via his phone lights 2 and 3 turn on, when person 2 comes in lights 1 and 4 turn on and security camera 1 turns off, and so forth so each persons environment is set up for them in their office. When my phone connects I want my 3 monitors to turn on, coffee maker to start and all the lights to my desk to turn on. 

0 Kudos

Support for Windows 2012 R2 DHCP load balancing

Submitted by -

I setup DHCP failover for 2 DHCP servers in our data centre that provide addressing to the DC and several smaller sites - unfortunately this seems to stop UniFi APs from working correctly at the branch sites. They drop off the network and won't reconnect until only one DHCP server is in use.

I have no AP in the data centre to verify if it happens there too.

IP helpers were setup to ensure packets weren't being blocked

Env: Mix UniFi AP, LR-AP and UAC AP using DHCP reservations

0 Kudos

Disable possibility of SSID Broadcasting for Zero-Handoff wireless networks

Submitted by -

As you can read in the title, a possibilty of disabling the SSID broadcasting for zero-handoff wireless networks would be very helpful. With this function, you can make your wlan a little bit more secure.

0 Kudos

Display username from external portal server in list

Submitted by -

Hi,

I am using Beta 3.1.10

I need a possibility to change alias and notes from the external portal server.
I will send the username or emailadress of the guest to the controller.
Please implement a function into the API to read and write this two variables from the portal server.

.. from dicussion in beta forum.

best regards
Luda

0 Kudos

Multi-Lane RF adopt this new technology in rocket titatium

Submitted by -

Multi-Lane RF

Our innovative Multi-Lane RF technology isolates signals on the operating channel and removes adjacent channel interference. Wireless capacity and throughput are increased in high-density areas, and multiple APs can operate in close proximity. Multi Lane RF is ideal for providing reliable Wi-Fi in high traffic environments such as public spaces, convention centers, campuses and event venues.

would be very interesting and beneficial to use these advances in our outdoor equipment.

0 Kudos

Split wlan-group and sidd

Submitted by -

splitting wlan-group from sidd.

having wlang groups for multiple areas and ease assign pre configured sidds and make it possible to assige a sidd to multiple wlan-group gifs you less change to make miss match in your sidd setting.

that's the way wlan groups work in juniper and hp.

0 Kudos

Ipad/tablet management app

Submitted by -
Being tied to a pc to manage remote networks is no good. Nuff said

We would like to measure how many users are around one AP. If they are connected already, that's not a problem. But for planing reasons, we want to predicte the number of potential users who aren't connected already. Therefore I would like to set up one radio of the AP into monitoring mode to capture the connection request from any WiFi-device around the AP. There is no interface required. A syslog message "5:39 pm: mac Addresse 01:23:45:67:89:AB tried to connect" would be sufficed.

0 Kudos

Scan for new Unifi Button

Submitted by -

Mine's a simple request. Would like a button on the controller web page to scan for new Unifi AP's. 

0 Kudos

Wireless Configurations Networks

Submitted by -

How to create more than 4(four) wireless Configurations?

Cause if i have 25 Unifi Device with 1(one) Unifi Controller and  i have 20 Building,

and i want per builing have 1(one) wireless name.

Now limited only can create 4(four) wireless name.

Any idea to create more the 4(four) wireless name..?

Thanks

0 Kudos

possibility add to UniFi map UBNT elements

Submitted by -

all we have different wireless devices on network. And perfectly was be possible add to map this devices with links to web-panel. 

0 Kudos

Using user groups to do DSCP marking

Submitted by -

I wish the user group concept would be extended to allow us to mark DSCP, not only apply a TBF right at the AP. That way we can deal with the traffic in other ways further down the wire.

-A

0 Kudos

i want to know when will unbt will update its sofware for customized guest portal

Submitted by -

hi ubnt  i want to know when will unbt will update  its sofware for customized guest portal   . we would like it to be data capped and time both in    please assist us we only use windows   

not aware for lunix

0 Kudos

i would like to know when unfi admin can change portal pages customization .

Submitted by -

i would like to know when unfi   admin can change  portal pages customization  . we like it to be with  Gb and time  . when  would they update their fireware

we use windows 7 and would like to give our customer  1 gb or more in our portal 

can unifi  admin  can update this fireware   so we can update it 

thank you for your support

0 Kudos

Force UAP Uplink to 100BaseT

Submitted by -

I have a situation where I must use a Cat 3 cable to connect to the UAP, but my testing has determined the Cat 3 cable reliably supports 100BaseT operation. I'd like the capability to force the UAP's wired Uplink to 100BaseT mode, overiding the defeault beahvior of the UAP to operate in 10BaseT mode.

0 Kudos

Continuous transmit for testing

Submitted by -

I wish to get a UniFi UAP-Outdoor+ tested and approved for use in a particular country that Ubiquiti have no certification for, so I need the access point to have a test mode to allow me to make it continuously transmit as if it were in a network.

This is a software feature that the design engineers must have written, so could I please borrow it for my testing?

0 Kudos

I would like to request to add some feature in 2.4.7?

Submitted by -
I would like to request to add some feature in 2.4.7 version of controller, the AP will not only using channel 1, 6, 11 when i set auto, it will select the best channel from channel 1-13 instead of only using channel 1, 6, 11. Because some enviroment will also have others wireless network not using channel 1, 6, 11, they might use channel 2, 3 or others. And they will change anytime.

Besides that, i would also recommend another feature is the AP will auto re-select the best channel or restart the AP for the AP when the AP detect or encounter inteference.

0 Kudos

Unifi cli console on AP

Submitted by -

Очень понравилось Ваше изобретение с cli на EdgeRouter-е.

Хотелось бы и на UniFi-Controllere чтобы Вы так же реализовали данную функцию.

Иногда просто жзненно необходимо удалённо просмотреть логи устройства или просканировать эфир на наличие вражеских точек, приходится делать это через заходы на сервер, а затем с сервера на Точки доступа.

Так же есть схемы включения домашних пользователей (схема прилагается) по которым это сделать нет возможности без доступа на роутер клиента.

За ранее спасибо. 

0 Kudos

MAC-address binding

Submitted by -

Есть необходимость наблюдать за MAC-адресом в сети. Хот-споты построены на основе CoovaChilli, бывают ситуации когда теряется Vlan и для быстрого обнаружения неисправности было бы желательно следить за МАС-адресом.

За ранее спасибо.

0 Kudos

Built-in MAC Authentication

Submitted by -

My apologies if this has been requested or is too simple in nature for this type of format.

Can we get an internal MAC authentication piece added to the controller that would allow us to individually add or import device MAC addresses?  Can you add features such as bandwidth limitations and forced disconnects to this as well?

Or at least allow the current radius authentication feature to connect to a freeradius server like your counter-parts in HP/Cisco/Adtran do.

Simplifying this process would make a world of difference in the a lot of applications.