New Idea
0 Kudos

Monitoring and Restricting users (APs/routers/switches)

Submitted by -

If I can provide some feedback, I would like if you could add some monitoring from the Access Points instead of requiring the unifi router/switch.
It can be as simple as logging websites and dumping the logs in the controller's server.

It would be also cool to have (both for APs and routers/switches) some kind of restrictions per user group (both time wise and allowed website)

Example: Group Admins: Unlimited access, Group Accounting: available during the day/reject connections during night, Group Public: Limited speed, Access and available only on opening times

0 Kudos

'WallWart' PoE Injector for AC Lite etc

Submitted by -

The new AC Lite is nice and compact etc however the PoE power is a little bit cumbersome. It would be much better for me if they were a wall-wart type, this would eliminate the mains cord cost & copper obviously.

0 Kudos

Login attempts threshold

Submitted by -

I believe that users are bruteforcing our wireless passwords (UniFi APs and Controller). I would like to see an attempt threshold that doesn't allow them at attempting to continually guess the password.

Something like after 3 attempts, locks them for 5 minutes. 4th = 10, 5=20, 6=40, etc.

0 Kudos

Dead space on Cloud Access web site

Submitted by -

Please modify the https://unifi.ubnt.com/#/ page. I currently have 4.5" of dead space below the line showing my controller after I click on it. That would allow seeing more sites when I click it.

Gregg

0 Kudos

gluten free ap

Submitted by -

All joking aside, I would love to see easier L3 adoption (I.E. It grabs the public ip address on inital setup or has an option to put in a url for adoption) More (adjustable) robust client traffic reporting so I can see who is going where (much like meraki).

0 Kudos

Selective user+AP blocking

Submitted by -

I'd like to be able to block certain users from roaming to certain APs on a given SSID. I know I can block them completely, but I really just need to block them on a handful of APs.

0 Kudos

Zero Hand off should support 2G and 5G same time

Submitted by -

also need to hand off over 2G to 5G...

0 Kudos

WDS Bridging

Submitted by -

It's a bit irritating having to build up two wireless networks, one for clients and one for wired devices that need to be bridged. It would be wonderful if UniFi could support WDS bridging.

I envision a "backbone SSID", encryption key, and list of MAC addresses. UniFi APs would permit connections from those MAC addresses to the backbone SSID to extend the wired network.

0 Kudos

Map Mouse Zoom

Submitted by -

Please make the map zoom where the mouse is currently pointing. This would make the behavior consistent with Google, Bing, etc maps. and much easier to navigate. Currently the map only zooms on the upper left corner, making navigation difficult as it moves your view every time.

0 Kudos

portable UniFi Discover tool

Submitted by -

The UniFi Discover tool would be nice to have - just like the UBNT discover!

0 Kudos

for lack of a better example, a USG copy of CRS125-x-2HnD

Submitted by -

I think the USG has a ton of potential, just need to get the Unifi controller to handle more features (firewall rules, tunnels, etc).

*but*

What I really need is the SOHO device, that is a USG+Unifi Switch+UAP-AC-LR.

Models like:

USG+UAP-AC-LR in one.  Same form factor as the USG, but with the AP shoved in.

USG+

----12 Port Unifi Switch

----24 port Unifi Switch

-------UAP-AC-LR

(all with the full suite of PoE)

*and* that needs to have removable and turnable rack ears so it can be rack mounted or wall mounted.

I'd also like to see either the option to run Unifi onboard, or a place to put the cloud key that wasn't dangling off.

^^^^^^^^^^

this would be a killer device and take the 'supported' SOHO market by storm.

0 Kudos

Mfi and Tough Switch web UI button

Submitted by -

Would love to have a button to bring up the web UI for the non-unifi connected products. Would save a couple steps!

0 Kudos

toggle light blink for identification

Submitted by -

I thought this was already in there, but I can't seem to find it.

Would be nice Man Happy

0 Kudos

External MongoDB Server

Submitted by -

I would love to have the ability to have an external MongoDB server. This would allow MongoDB to be used between Unifi, mFi, and other software that uses MongoDB.

0 Kudos

Allow JAVA_HOME override from /etc/default/unifi

Submitted by -

Hi,

it would be great if the init script would respect a manually set (e.g. in /etc/default/unifi) JAVA_HOME.

I am using java-8-oracle and since it doesn't fit the java-{6,7}-openjdk pattern it is ignored.

I'm not expecting to have all versions of java autodetected, but it would be nice if the init script would trust the system administrator.

Regards,

Tobias

0 Kudos

SSL and Port Customisation

Submitted by -

This is in regards to UniFi Video and Wireless management consoles.

It's currently difficult to assign a certificate (such as from your internal certificate authority) to the management console, change the port of your console (such as to the defaults), or use http, which is sometimes required in some scenarios if even temporarily (eg: a recent update in chrome has made https inaccessible with UniFi Video since the self-signed certificate uses a weak diffie-hellman key).

Think about the cumulative hours wasted on staff constantly having to accept privacy concern messages in their browsers for all your customers, and the apathy/security risks that can some with such errors being accepted over time. We shouldn't have certificate errors even on internal systems.

Secondly where there is customisation there's no documentation as to what port does what in any detail, considerations when changing ports, what needs to be done after customising (eg: restart service? what are the effects on this in a live environment).

A revamp of this would be great.

0 Kudos

additional logfile for Germany

Submitted by -

for a private internet provider to be legally save in Germany there needs to be a logfile that provides the following information:

• account-name (related to a person - the user)
  • date and time
  • source IP (related to the user)
  • source MAC (related to the user)
  • source port
  • destination IP
  • destination port
  • transmitted/received data volume per destination IP connection

This information will help redeem the owner of the access point in case a persecuter wants to investigate after illegal internet actions. After a number of days (I think presently 90 days are required) this information should be erased automatically.

Optionally this information should be logged by a syslog server in the network.

0 Kudos

Offline Device Choose not report

Submitted by -

Hi Guys I pre prevision devices as backups and for specific areas. 

it would be nice to check a boxon the access point where ubiquiti controller doesn't monitor that device say until it comes back online after a power off. (well it can monitor it but it would be nice to exclude in from the overall devices, Maybe you could have a device exclusion list in which devices in this list don't affect the overal status the main control Screen)

So in other words a device that has been checked and is in an off/not detectable state doesn't get included in reporting. If it comes online it can be auto added back to the normal devices and the admin would have to recheck the exclude if they want to re exclude for whatever reasons they may have.

The reason for this is because when it's offline you get a yellow/red status on the item and the main screen even though techically everything is working correctly.

Could be done as a series of checkboxes 

Add to exclusion list (previsioning)

Add back to monitored device list when re detected after power off (this would be good for admins that are messing with configs and don't want to add back)

The attached network is techically healthy it just has a pre previsioned device there so I get this status instead.

0 Kudos

SD Card slot and interna memory.

Submitted by -
I suggest to put a microsd Card so we can use them to put Mac addresses lists manually by example, and other configs previously made on a unify controller who can set all on a encrypted configuration with a ley to decrypt the config with a default encryption data. This to easily offline config all our site and then put the microsd card on each blank/new AP, so they automatically take the config from file on sdcard.
This way we wont need a server runnig the controller.

The other idea is to use an interna memory to store all tje config and all the logs like the server does. And all the info logs, automatically synchronices with all the unifi APs who was set up with the same microsd card.

This can be applied on projects who Only need to deploy a network with WDS APs.
0 Kudos

SD Card slot and interna memory.

Submitted by -
I suggest to put a microsd Card so we can use them to put Mac addresses lists manually by example, and other configs previously made on a unify controller who can set all on a encrypted configuration with a ley to decrypt the config with a default encryption data. This to easily offline config all our site and then put the microsd card on each blank/new AP, so they automatically take the config from file on sdcard.
This way we wont need a server runnig the controller.

The other idea is to use an interna memory to store all tje config and all the logs like the server does. And all the info logs, automatically synchronices with all the unifi APs who was set up with the same microsd card.

This can be applied on projects who Only need to deploy a network with WDS APs.