it would bei nice if there is a possibility to see and log failed login attempts into the guest network or home network from non authorised clients. As of now it is not possible. I'm running two AC Pro (up to date firmware) with a software controller (up to date version) on a linux machine at home.
I highly recommend setting up an option to allow an end-user to give access to their controller temporarily to the current person they are dealing with for support. Especially if you are utilizing Ubiquiti's "paid" hosted controller.
It gets extremely frustrating when they constantly ask for screenshots. If they could access the controller temporarily they could see everything I see without this back and forth.
It would be good to categorize or label recorded videos. And then have the possibility to filter recorded videos based on the labels or categories.
When you have a lot of recorded videos, it is very time intensiv to find recorded videos for of a specific event. Here labelling and filter by label would really help.
A note field or note system would be handy to store some info abou the site in.
This would also allow scripts and programs to store config data in the controller for that site making shure that they are correct with the site even after a backup restore.
Setup the controller you need to setup the password. The error msg that is generated when the password does not meet minimum requirements is not clear enough. It does not actually say the password is too weak.
Couldnt find cloudkey listed under ubnt devices. its hidden in the client list.
relocate this into the ubnt list of devices.
Support said it couldnt be done as it attaches to a switch. Guess what. So do APs and they are in the device list.
Ability to set either WAN1 or WAN2 as primary on USG
currently only way to do this is go into evrey device and change there. Every other router on market has a central point where you can see the reservations. controller needs this function within DHCP.
Ability to set either WAN1 or WAN2 as primary on USG
cant do this in controller. Support suggests trying to change vi SSH. This is not an acceptable or workable solution.
Just discovered yet another limiation with the USG. Only WAN1 allows port forwarding configured in the controller. WAN2 has to be done via SSH? Again a basic function that should work for ALL WAN ports. Not for WAN2 on the USG 3P.
Who designed this port forwarding limitation so that ONLY WAN1 can be configured on the controller. You cannot ask a customer to SSH into the device every time to enable or configure a basic feature. Seriously?!
I can no longer assume basic router functions that work on other brands of routers/firewalls to work on the USG. This is mind blowing it does not work.
Here is the same request asked but as yet ubnt have not fixed. Accepted 11/7/2016. So much for implementing request features. As of 5.9.29 (Build: atag_5.9.29_11384) its still not working.
this is the work around. suggested but its for a static IP on WAN2. We have DHCP.
The Airtime and Airvierw screens use MAC addresses only for those that map to known (to the controller) base stations and devices, it would be great to have the name as well as the mac address.. Thanks!
Right now, when you need to remove a Super Admin (full admin rights on ALL sites), your only option is to downgrade the account to 'Administrator' which places an admin object on each individual site. So if you are managing a large number of sites you must then page through each site (70 in our case) to remove the admin account from each and every site. And hopefully you don't miss any!
This behavior leaves us with two unnatractive options:
- Share a single Super Admin login for all technical staff managing our customer's UniFi sites. Violates any number of compliance standards.
- Create proper named accounts for technical staff, but be left with no way to terminate a superadmin user in a safe & sane fashion when needed. When an superadmin leaves under good terms, this is simply painful & prone to error. If a superadmin is leaving under bad terms, there is really no way of quickly removing their access short of taking the controller offline while the downgraded admin rights are removed from each and every site 1 by 1.
- Further grades of adminstative access; either fixed or definable based on roles.
- Ability to fully remove and administrator with 1 click.
- SuperAdmin: Full rights on all sites. Only level that can manage controller-wide admin accounts.
- ControllerAdmin (New): Full rights on all sites. Can't create other controller-wide admin accounts (SuperAdmin or ControllerAdmin). Can create individual Site-Admin accounts.
- ReadOnly: Dashboard access for viewing stats & widgets. Cannot alter settings. CANNOT VIEW SSH LOGIN INFO for device management.
It would be really nice if we could just define rights ourselves; there are many situations in which I'd like to let the customer manage view their site, manage their WiFi keys, but not have access to modify LAN networks, upgrade firmware or view SSH credentials.
Seriously. This product is now direct competitor to a sonicwall or even a TP-Link router. So far here are the limitations and lack of featrures I have discovered:
1. Cannot reserve IP addresses via MAC address in DHCP configuration section.
2. Have reservation list section on the DHCP configuration page.Almost all routers do this. I do not want to have to search through clients and devices to see who has static or DHCP assigned IP address.
3. List the Cloudkey device in the UBNT device summary. The ubnt controller is to control ubnt devices. Why do you put the cloud key into the clients section. That doesnt make sense.
4. Be able to assign WAN priority in the controller UI. Not under CLI. Seriously. You want us to configure using this process???
5. Be able to see the USG logs in the controller. Not via CLI. You have a statistics page, why cant you display the logs this way. 6. Have a refresh function on the logs summary page to see errors in real time.
7. USG is very slow to configure, save, provision and restart even on simple changes.
8. Discovered cloudkey no longer links to ubnt online account if USG switches from WAN1 to WAN2. This should not happen. Rather than base the cloudkey link via an IP address, it should use the userid and password entered on the cloudkey section of the page. Or at least allow it to do periodic checks for IP address changes.
9. Reduce the number of updates pls. Everytime I log into the controller it would seem there is yet another update. Can you do monthly or something. Its good enough for microsoft, why not UBNT.
10. When a controller has multiple sites, be able to delete the default if others exist.
11. Better error msg on initial password setup for controller We were not providing a secure enought password, but the error msg (lack of), did not say this was the problem.
12. Somewhere on cloudkey storage keep historical and cumulative traffic statistics on devices and clients. Important in problem analysis.
Thats what I can think of for now.
I have a couple of rooms that currently I cannot pull UTP to unless I cut holes, and I am not at a point to where I want to do that. I have coax in those areas, so I have been contemplating buying some MoCa adapters to extend my physical network to those locations.
Then I got to thinking, I would like to find a MoCa adapter that was similar to the in-wall access points sold by Ubiquiti, and an even better idea is if Ubiquiti would choose to make such a creature. It could have coax-in on the back with an ethernet port and coax-out on the bottom.
If there was a way to integrate Power over Coax or something that would be kind of cool. But I don't know how much of that is possible and provide the data connection.
Currently, the default refresh rate on Unifi Controller is 2 minutes. I can set it to 15 seconds and that works fine, unless my session times out, laptop goes to sleep, or I close the tab on accident and immediately reopen, it defaults back to 2 minutes. My preferences never actually save longer than 1 active session.
I am a fan of your In-wall HD product as it allows you to clear clutter in multimedia environments where in addition to wireless you still need a handful of wired connections.
Could Ubiqiti consider releasing an XG version that supports 10 gbe? You likely have all the separte conponents already with the XG line, it's about combining them to sleek package that's the best thing about Ubiqiti.
Bringing up this suggestion to be included in the Controller web GUI.
You can manually modify the email templates by altering the template files in the ace.jar file as referenced here:
However, controller version upgrades will more than likely overwrite this modification.
This would be a nice inclusion into the web gui for the controller for future modifications for emailed alert templates.
- sanandreas on: Ability to remove default site when multiple sites available
- sanandreas on: list cloudkey on ubnt device liston controller not in client list
- sanandreas on: DCHP settings ability to reserve IP address to a device MAC address in controller
- sanandreas on: USG has too many limitations. Basic functions on most other routers are missing or not supported
- jmorgan_xx on: New Product: Unifi MoCa
- jprillhart on: Unifi Controller Refresh Rate Setting
- mnaz on: When using Unifi it would be nice to be able to force a backup, rather then wait for the autobackup.
- scott_thomson on: Multi-tenant UniFi controller
- Jardin_Espanol on: To be able to see a history of temperature and to be able to get over temp alerts
- Jardin_Espanol on: Switch Stats, allow LAG groups to show stats for the group
- [Request] Logging failed attempts for Network
- Allow access to the controller for Ubiquiti Live Support.
- Video NVR: Categorize , Label recorded Videos
- Notes field to record helpful info
- Better error msg when setting up controller password. Not clear enough
- Ability to remove default site when multiple sites available
- list cloudkey on ubnt device liston controller not in client list
- DCHP settings ability to reserve IP address to a device MAC address in controller
- Ability to set either WAN1 or WAN2 as primary on USG
- Port forwarding WAN2 on USG not supported on controller. Accepted 11/17/2016 still waiting