It would be great it you could see the total traffic usage per WAN on a monthly basis.
Some ISPs over here in Germany started to limit their flat internet plans - well, they call it „fair use policy“. At the end, it means that after 300GB per month, they will throttle the bandwidth.
So it would be great if you could see you overall usage and get an idea how much traffic you use.
To whom it may concern:
Could we please go back to old colors, the new colors are quite awful and are not easy on the eyes.
Or maybe add a theming option to the app, allowing the user to choose between UI colors.
In the iOS app, if there's only one controller saved, it'd be nice if it skips showing the list when opening the app and just logs into it automatically.
So instead of having to open app, select the controller from the list, then having Touch ID requested, I'd simply open app and get requested for Touch ID.
I see that the iOS request was implemented.
How about some fingerprint support on Android? Samsung and Nexus devices (I am sure there are a few more) can utilize this as well.
Hi, new to the forum. Good app and it works well.
Sometimes my service staff need to find connected clients quickly to solve portal authorisation issues ( sometimes portal page does not show up) .
The fastest way I have found is to get the connected IP from client device device and authorise them manually if other portal login page triggering methods do not work. Doing it from the phone app is a huge convienience.
However, I can't seem to find a sort by IP filter though.
So we currently filter by name ( lots of cryptic android-xxxxxxx..) or preferably by uptime and we zone in on device by its AP connection. This is quicker because most issues affect new clients to the hotel.
It would be nice to have a sort by IP feature under "filter clients" section.
In addition, an ascending or descending sort feature would be nice as well.
When we have to run through sometimes 100+ clients to find the one that is having issue it isn't particularly quick or easy while a client is waiting impatiently. The ability to sort by IP will be very useful and timesaving.
If such a feature isn't possible, maybe we could see the connected IP addresses on the clients list. There could be an on/off toggle for those who don't want to see IP info.
Please add two-factor authentication to the mobile app.
When in the mobile app if you try to connect to your cloud access SSO account with 2FA enabled it will not log in. If you disable 2FA then connect the mobile app to cloud access re-enable 2FA it will continue to work. It's just the initial login with 2FA enabled that won't connect. Not sure if this is a bug, but thought you would want to know.
- UBNT-Mates on: Android app channel utilization
- UBNT-Jonge on: iOS App: old colors or theming option
- pk1966 on: Show correct DPI stats
- UBNT-Mates on: Disable WLAN SCHEDULE temporary
- pmchristensen on: Firewall configuration
- CoolAEW on: Filter clients by IP , ascending/descending order toggle for all filters
- UBNT-Mates on: Push Notifications when devices connect or disconnect
- UBNT-Jonge on: iOS 3D touch Sites under controllers
- UBNT-Jonge on: Apple Watch support
- UBNT-Jonge on: L3 adoption port
- Android app channel utilization
- iOS App: old colors or theming option
- Show correct DPI stats
- ios / clients list : display options
- Disable WLAN SCHEDULE temporary
- Firewall configuration
- Filter clients by IP , ascending/descending order toggle for all filters
- Push Notifications when devices connect or disconnect
- iOS 3D touch Sites under controllers
- Apple Watch support