Motion Alert Schedules

Submitted by -

Need to be able to schedule motion alerts so that they only get sent off-hours.  

Comments
by
3 weeks ago

I'm actually sorta amazed that this is not an existing functionality in Unifi Protect, I switched from unifi Video to Protect, expecting at least the basic similiar functionality, and although I see much improvement in the interface, specficially time lapse,  the ability to only record on motion, or on a schedule (not being able to record on a schedule adds a bit of unneccessary network traffic) at least the ability to schedule alerts seems like a basic funtionality that should exist on a system such as this. Normally I'm always impressed with UBNT and their product functionality, but this really suprised and dissapointed me. The device is great, and I love having the Cloudkey and security on one device, and I'm sure it will be great once fully developed, but until schdueling is implemented I can't recommed this for any future projects, it simply is not ready for real world usage (in my opinion) without this functionality.  

by
3 weeks ago

I've just ordered Protect and found this. Cannot believe it does not have it already, a very basic feature. I might be returning it now. 

by
2 weeks ago

Any plans to implement this? This is an essential feature that needs to be addressed.

by
2 weeks ago

Essential. It’s my feeling that Protect should not have been launched without the ability to snooze during hours and/or alert during suspect hours. 

I have a homeowner and business asking me to switch them back to NVR for more control over activity and recording only during specific hours. 

by
a week ago

Very disappointed this has not been added yet or even acknowledged by UBNT. This is an absolutely essential feature for any NVR, even cheap Walmart NVRs have it. There are so many features missing from Protect it's really a shame and I feel like a fool for suggesting these products to my clients. Not only that, since there are so few options, the ClouKey Gen2 is always at 99% storage usage, even with a 5Tb HDD installed. Retention settings are USELESS. 

The platform has so much potential but it seems like dev effort is being focused on GUI crap and not meat and potatoes functionality. Proect has some SERIOUS catching up to do in the features department.

by
a week ago - last edited a week ago

It doesn't take much to ruin a good product. This missing (essential) feature makes your whole ecosystem of video surveillance pretty useless. Scheduling is NOT an option. The simple fact that we actually have to ask for it after the product's release (and with no official answer until now) is simply grotesque.

by
a week ago

Yes please add this feature!

Come on stock price is up 50% last 6 months hire some programmers! Man Happy

by
Monday

at least give some acknowledgement here. This has been lingering for months now without any reply from the staff.

by
Monday

Just purchased and setup. Thought I'd done my research. How can this feature be in UniFi Video and NOT UniFi Protect. After pitching to management how impressive Ubiquiti gear is. I now have to go and explain why our new hardware (Cloud Key G2+ and cameras) remain on the desk turned off until a BASIC feature is implemented.  

by
Monday

Unifi team - it's been MONTHS, and this request is still listed as "New" and no response from your team at all.  I am trying to install your system in additional locations, but simply can't until this is resolved.  The clients I have already installed in are frustrated they can't get alerts (without flooding their inbox all day).  Please update us on this!

Thank you,

Jarrod

Idea Statuses