Highlighted
Kudos: 3

CK2+ Remote Camera location

Hi all,

I have searched and cannot find a solid answer.

I am contemplating installing a CK2+ to look after around 6 cameras locally (same network). I am wondering if you could adopt a remote camera (or two) at a different location (different network/ip) and manage that camera/s to update it and record the footage on the CK2+?

Bandwidth would not be a problem for the remote camera stream but just wanted to try and keep costs down by utilising a single CK2+, as it would work out to be quite expensive to have to have two CK2+ for both sites.

throwing ideas around to see what can work?

Thanks!

Kudos: 1071
Solutions: 12

Re: CK2+ Remote Camera location

I believe what you are looking for is Layer 3.  While I have tested it and it does work, I cant say it is super reliable.  Maybe one of the Admins can confirm it works or not.

@ubnt-taka

@UBNT-TomS

@UBNT-Cody

I can not teach you anything. I can only make you think. Please don't forget to mark posts as solutions, and to give kudos when something solves your issue.
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1261
Solutions: 379

Re: CK2+ Remote Camera location

@Orangepeel,

While you can configure cameras over L3 with port forwarding, the recommended way to connect them is over a VPN tunnel between the two sites. This is pretty quick and easy to establish if you are using UBNT gateways at both sites.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks Enterprise Support Team

UniFi Protect: UniFi Protect Help Center | Frequently Asked Questions

UniFi Video 3: UniFi Video Help Center | UFV3 User Guide