Kudos: 2

Cloud Key G2+ Password not working

I am not sure if this is the right area however ever since I setup the Cloud Key Gen2+ the username and password I set do not work and the reset button the unit does nothing I haven't changed any settings or anything else it will not let me in.

There is no help faq's at all and this is getting beyond a joke I have paid for a product that has failed misserably.

Any ideas on how to facotry reset?

Kudos: 29
Solutions: 3

Re: Cloud Key G2+ Password not working

@weaccomm wrote:

I am not sure if this is the right area however ever since I setup the Cloud Key Gen2+ the username and password I set do not work and the reset button the unit does nothing I haven't changed any settings or anything else it will not let me in.

There is no help faq's at all and this is getting beyond a joke I have paid for a product that has failed misserably.

Any ideas on how to facotry reset?

Try this http://dl.ubnt.com/guides/UniFi/UCK-G2-PLUS_QSG.pdf

Read page 7.

USG 3P / USW 8-60 / USW 8 / 2 x UAP-AC-PRO / UAP-AC-M-PRO

@roensholt nothing works absolutely nothing at all the reset button the back does nothing even holding it in for a minute it does nothing at all.

The device is useless I cannot get into the Manage Cloud Key Gen2+ Settings at all the username and password i setup doesn't work and the usual ubnt/ubnt doesn't work either

Established Member
Kudos: 446
Solutions: 79

Its happened to more than just you - for example I can't change the username on the G2+ management interface (and I'm not alone there). Just another UBNT product which isn't ready for retail.....

The weird thing is that UniFi Controller and Protect are perfectly fine no issues what so ever the password I setup for them works 100% without any issues.

The problem now is that what happens now if I cannot get into the back end and I need to change things it's useless I cannot do anything.

Thinking of RMA'ing it and see what happens

Established Member
Kudos: 446
Solutions: 79

In your case it rather sounds like the reset button on the back has been disabled in the management interface/is broken.

Were I you I'd return it as faulty - assuming you're 100% certain of username/passwords.

As an aside to all - disabling the hardware reset button seems like a spectacularly stupid option to offer* unless there is a jumper inside the unit which overrides that software option?

*example - BOFH becomes ex-BOFH, disables reset button and changes management interface passwords. What then? Buy more UBNT equipment? I doubt that'd fly far....

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1316
Solutions: 396

Hi @weaccomm,

If you are unable to log in using credentials and the reset button is potentially disabled, you can reset the CloudKey using the emergency recovery interface.  While the instructions show images of the original CloudKey, they are the same for the G2 and G2 Plus:

https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/220334168-UniFi-Cloud-Key-Emergency-Recovery-UI#1

In recent firmware releases, the option to disable the reset button has been removed from the interface.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks Enterprise Support Team

UniFi Protect: UniFi Protect Help Center | Frequently Asked Questions

UniFi Video 3: UniFi Video Help Center | UFV3 User Guide

Kudos: 3

I bought one too and had the same issue. This solution did it for me. Fully reset the CLoud Key and start over unfort. no other solution Man Sad

Established Member
Kudos: 273
Solutions: 49

This issue comes with there being too many different passwords for the same device, that a majority of users arn’t aware of. They think they are setting up one device so one password. But in reality there are at least 4 I can think of. Cloud Key, UniFi, Protect, and the actual cloud. 

Kudos: 46
Solutions: 4

And don't forget SSH password; could be different I guess.
Kudos: 4
Solutions: 1

Had this problem hit me over the weekend.  I KNOW what my password is.  I use a password manager and I have not changed the password since my last use.  I contacted support via chat today and they said the only option was to wipe the entire device and start over.  Essentually losing 3 weeks of recordings.  Of all the beautiful things Ubuquiti makes, this is an ugly flaw that should be fixed soon...

This has happened to me but I was able to get in using the cloud access (the combo that allows you to use the UBNT clouid feature) username/pw combo. But I had reset the key a few times before but it did come back to life. Good luckl.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I've tried that username and password for my cloud account but stiill didn't work.  My account is linked but still no joy.  

Sorry :-(
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1316
Solutions: 396

@mijohnst 

If you haven't tried yet, please use "root" as the username and your stored password.  The ubnt or any other customized username is simply an alias to root for convenience purposes.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks Enterprise Support Team

UniFi Protect: UniFi Protect Help Center | Frequently Asked Questions

UniFi Video 3: UniFi Video Help Center | UFV3 User Guide

Well that was it... Lesson learned.. the login account is 'root' not 'admin'.  Geez... How could I have forgotten that?

Just to confirm the above.  I had the same issue.  Couldn't log in to Cloud Key.  I thought I had set the user but it was "root" with the password I had set.  Whew!

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

I had the same problem and was not willing to make a reset, so i found a solution for me:

I logged into my controller, activated the ssh-login. The given ssh-password was the same for login to the cloudkey.

username: root

password: ssh-password

set: ssh-login activated in controller

i am having a similar issue to this.

i too use a password manager and am completely confident the credentials i have are correct. here is my scenario.

i upgraded from CK to CKG2+ and copied over the config from my old machine. i can log into the web UI without issue but i want to check the storage on my CK. when i browse to the localIP and try to sign in using the local credentials i am told they are not correct. i am absolutely certain that they are.

i have tried the following

username: root with all of the default password possibilities and all of the passwords that i would have possbily set with this device

username: ubnt with all of the above ^

username: the cloud username with all of the above ^

username: SSH-username with all of the above ^

username: the local username that i set with all of the above ^

i am at a loss as to why i cannot log into this thing. i am absolutely certain that these credentials are correct and i copied and pasted the credentials when setting it up.

i'd rather not reset and have to go back through it again just to see the storage. any ideas?

Using "root" as the user worked for me.