Highlighted

Cloud key plus UniFi protect

Hi there I’m  wondering how people set up their Unifi protect on cloud key plus  for me I  gave a static IP address to my cloud key + to my main network and then setup  separate vlan for my camera  but is there a correct way of doing it 

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1316
Solutions: 396

Re: Cloud key plus UniFi protect

There are a few different schools of thought, and there isn't necessarily a defined "right way" to configure the network. Protect's discovery of cameras is designed to work when cameras are on the same subnet, so segmenting the cameras from the CK does make managing cameras a bit more complex, in addition to relying on the router to handle inter-vlan traffic between cameras and the controller.

If you simply want to have your cameras on a separate subnet, a better approach is to place the cameras and the CK on its own VLAN. This will allow your surveillance to be segmented, but may cause some complications if you choose to run the UniFi Controller on the same CK.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks Enterprise Support Team

UniFi Protect: UniFi Protect Help Center | Frequently Asked Questions

UniFi Video 3: UniFi Video Help Center | UFV3 User Guide

As of right now I’m using UniFi Cloud Key Gen2 manage my switch and AP in main network and UniFi Cloud Key plus UniFi protect in vlan Will this cause any issue to
UniFi Cloud Key Gen2
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1316
Solutions: 396

No, you won't have any issues with the configuration have deployed.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks Enterprise Support Team

UniFi Protect: UniFi Protect Help Center | Frequently Asked Questions

UniFi Video 3: UniFi Video Help Center | UFV3 User Guide