Highlighted
Kudos: 12
Solutions: 1
Accepted Solution

G3 Micro Link State

Just received my G3 Micro. Got it up and running via the Bluetooth.

I am using Protect.

The camera is hard wired POE connected but yet in Protect the Link State is shown as WiFi with db reading. When I disconnect that AP the Link State goes red but the connection remains alive and I can still see motion so I assume it is communicating over the ethernet so why the display. The other two cameras correctly display wired connection.

In UniFi controoller also the camera is shown attached to one of the WiFi networks instead of the hardwired LAN.

I don't mind leaving it this way but prefer to have the display correct. Am I not setting something to turn off the WiFi in the G3 Micro?

Thanks for any feedback.

Accepted Solutions
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1191
Solutions: 359

Re: G3 Micro Link State

Hi @ASCHMB,

The POE adapter is only designed to provide power to the camera, it can't pass data since the interface between the base and the camera is only a two-pin connection.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks Enterprise Support Team

UniFi Protect: UniFi Protect Help Center | Frequently Asked Questions

UniFi Video 3: UniFi Video Help Center | UFV3 User Guide

View solution in original post

All Replies
Ubiquiti Employee

Hi @ASCHMB,

The POE adapter is only designed to provide power to the camera, it can't pass data since the interface between the base and the camera is only a two-pin connection.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

[ Edited ]

@UBNT-Cody

Bummer! So I assume when I remove the nearest AP it is attaching to another wifi being broadcast by an AP farther away. I can accept that but I thought it was a hard wired camera "also". My mistake. Great camera nevertheless. Love the form factor. Lots of little bits and pieces in the package.

So, is it possible to change the wifi it is currently attached to? Can't find any menu for that. But UBNT is fiendishly clever at hiding the settings if they are around.

Ubiquiti Employee

No, there is no way to specify what AP it's connecting to. The camera will connect to the AP it senses has the best signal - this isn't necessarily going to be the closest AP - as the camera uses a 1x1 antenna, it's more dependent on signal polarity and reflections in the environment. Even moving the camera 6" may cause it to choose one AP over the other.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

Thank you...thank you. Very well done.