Kudos: 6

IPad App update?

Is there an update to the iOS app for iPad coming? Would love to be able to properly show camera views on my wall mounted iPads from my Protect system.

Kudos: 6

Re: IPad App update?

Should I take the non-response as a No? I have multiple custom homes that I am deploying Protect in, each house with wall mounted iPads - each owner has asked to be able to pull up cameras on the iPad. All I need is a rough timeline....

Kudos: 2

You will find the solution in another application, contact directly to share information, I do not know the laws of the forum if I can give information from a third party application.62B5FC36-9E75-4B67-9951-9960C5D28E4F.jpeg

Yes, that is what I am looking for.

I sent PM, check

Any thing let me known

Can you send me the app's name too? I've the exact same use case.

umaisiddique

Check your PM’s

Any problem let me known

Kudos: 266
Solutions: 22

[ Edited ]

@Yudelsuarez  There are no rules that say you cannot discuss 3rd party software, let alone software that fills a well known gap in the UniFi Video/Protect product line. Please share the app openly. 

OK!

Thanks to the RTSP options that the ubiquiti protect application has, you can use an application to streaming video, this is not the definitive solution but it is an alternative in what we expect for the ubiquiti update.

The app is :

IP Cam Viewer Pro by NibblesnBits
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ip-cam-viewer-pro/id402656416?mt=8

If you want to try, use the free (lite) version, you will have announcements and you will not be able to activate the audio but the rest will work.

To add cameras the app will ask for a Generic URL. Go to Unifi-Protect in Cameras then Manage in RTSP activate the video quality option you need. In my case, activate high.

Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 10.45.05 AM.png

then copy the url and paste it in the iPad APP where it asks for the URL after going to manage cameras / add camera.

That is all.

iPadConfig.png

I hope this helps you.

Happy to find this, as we have 3-3 ipad 2's that were donated and I hoped to velcro to the wall to use as dedicated monitors. This would be worth the cost since the Protect software doesn't run under IOS 9. :/

Kudos: 75
Solutions: 2

[ Edited ]

@sskkmmThis works better than velcro. I've used it before and it works great!

https://www.amazon.com/PadTab-Damage-Free-Universal-locations-smartphones/dp/B01EBAOUZ0/ref=sr_1_20?...

Is there an update to the iOS app for iPad coming?

Bump.  An updated iPad app would REALLLY be a nice feature.  I’m honestly kind of surprised it wasn’t offered at or shortly after launch.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 20
Solutions: 1

I personally love the fact that the reviews of this on the app store are basically people asking where the iPad version is?

At which point do you realise that one of your priorities should be in getting an ipad version out the door, heck, stick a developer soley on the task of bringing in iPad compatability.

(Free bump)

Kudos: 18
Solutions: 1

Just setup a new protect site today and was kinda shocked to find that they dont have a protect ipad app... Any Idea if thats coming soon? Would be very helpful. Also if they did a Apple TV version for viewing. Having to setup a computer to view is a pain.