Kudos: 281
Accepted Solution

Motion/privacy zones mapped incorrectly after toggling orientation in software

[ Edited ]

Set up camera, in this case a flex, but not limited to flex, problem experienced with dome.

Set up privacy zone and save.

Go to camera settings and toggle auto rotate off and back on again.

Privacy zone is now flipped permanently.  deleting privacy zone does not resolve issue.  unmanaging camera and readopting camera does not resolve issue.  

Seems simplest way to fix this is to not modify the motion or privacy zones in any way when orientation is manipulated.  Maybe just present a message reminding us to verify our motion and privacy zones after changing camera orientation?

I have to now create the zone in a flipped area from where I want it.  Haven't verified yet if this actually affects motion zones or not, but I suspect it does, which makes creating an accurate motion zone extremely difficult to do.

C78B8A0F-D993-4D4A-8D1D-8964614967FB.jpeg

Accepted Solutions
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1319
Solutions: 396

Re: Motion/privacy zones mapped incorrectly after toggling orientation in software

Hi @taylorlightfoot

Thanks for reporting. Very odd behavior, I was able to reproduce and we'll address it in a future release.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks Enterprise Support Team

UniFi Protect: UniFi Protect Help Center | Frequently Asked Questions

UniFi Video 3: UniFi Video Help Center | UFV3 User Guide

View solution in original post

All Replies
Ubiquiti Employee

Re: Motion/privacy zones mapped incorrectly after toggling orientation in software

Hi @taylorlightfoot

Thanks for reporting. Very odd behavior, I was able to reproduce and we'll address it in a future release.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

Kudos: 281

Thank you. This has been bothering me for a while now. Figured someone would have reported it by now.
Ubiquiti Employee

I think most people typically install the cameras and configure the orientation before they attempt to set zones, so it's probably not a very common occurance.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

I am running into a similar problem. Camera has always been ceiling mounted (G3-Flex), but in the Android app it is set to auto-rotate. When I set a privacy zone, it is flipped on the horizontal and vertical axis. I tried switching off auto-rotate and flipping the axis manually, but setting the privacy zone still has the same problem.

Tim