Kudos: 1

Speaker issue with G3 Micro

I recently upgraded our network with a CloudKey Gen 2+ and upgraded to UniFi Protect.  On our network we have a G3 Micro camera in the baby room and we were hoping to use it so that we could speak to our baby over the camera from our phones.  When we activate the microphone on our phone (iPhone SE, iPhone 8, iPhone XS) we get this terrible feedback which I have recorded and linked below.

https://soundcloud.com/user-660958064/sets/g3-micro-speaker

This seems to happen when we're in the room next to the camera, in the lounge room which is probably 5 meters or so away, and even when we're outside though it is somewhat more muted.  We're running the latest version of the software on the CKG2+ (v.0.9.2) and the G3 Micro (4.9.25).

I've also noticed that in a recent update to the software that we can't hear any audio from the room the camera is in as well.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 25
Solutions: 2

Re: Speaker issue with G3 Micro

@rofarrell , would you also share the unifi-protect version and mobile app version? Thanks!

IMG_9224.PNGIMG_9223.PNG

Thanks for the quick response.  Here are the versions of unifi-protect and mobile app.

IMG_0425.PNGIMG_0424.PNG

Ubiquiti Employee

@rofarrell thanks for your reply!

Then could you try to stop audio playback at the mobile-end before hitting the talk button? 

Think this could reduce the howling sound, which mostly happens when both recording/playback working at the same time. And please use this feature at least 3-4 meters away from the camera. 

IMG_9228.PNG

Thanks!

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll give this another go but I find the speaker doesn't currently work either.  I haven't been able to hear any audio from the room the camera is in since a recent update to the software.

Ubiquiti Employee

that's quite weird. would you mind to share the support file? Please mail to klaymen.chang@ubnt.com . Thank you!