Kudos: 14

System did not auto-update from 1.5.0 to 1.6.0?

Some of my systems did and other did not? When I search for the update it states no update available...

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1080
Solutions: 148

Re: System did not auto-update from 1.5.0 to 1.6.0?

[ Edited ]

You can try sshing in and running:

psql unifi-protect -U postgres -c "update nvrs set \"releaseChannel\"='release'" && service unifi-protect restart

If that doesn't work, please upload a support file and PM me a link to one of your systems that isn't seeing the update.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 8
Solutions: 2

@ubnt-taka did you mean

service unifi-protect restart

?

Mine was set to "beta" for some reason, even though I've never had a beta on this unit.

Kudos: 14

These sites are remote and I do not have access. Any other way?

Kudos: 91

I've also got a Protect site running 1.5.0 that isn't updating. I disabled auto-updated, searched for an update, and it comes back that my NVR is up to date.

I tried this, and the update appears in the UI now.

psql unifi-protect -U postgres -c "update nvrs set \"releaseChannel\"='release'" && service unifi-protect restart

However, I am not sure it's installing. After clicking install, nothing seems to happen. I clicked a few min later and got this:

Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 7.52.15 AM.png

The site has a pretty slow WAN link, so I turned automatically update back on and I'll give it a while to do its thing. I'll check back in later today.

Kudos: 91

@303Bryan wrote:

I've also got a Protect site running 1.5.0 that isn't updating. I disabled auto-updated, searched for an update, and it comes back that my NVR is up to date.

I tried this, and the update appears in the UI now.

However, I am not sure it's installing. After clicking install, nothing seems to happen. I clicked a few min later and got this:

Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 7.52.15 AM.png

The site has a pretty slow WAN link, so I turned automatically update back on and I'll give it a while to do its thing. I'll check back in later today.

Update: after a couple of hours, my system just updated on its own. 

Kudos: 15
Solutions: 8

Should 1.6.0 be available to all devices for update by now?

I'm on 1.5.0 and when i manual check for update it says "Your NVR is up to date"

Kudos: 2

[ Edited ]

I had to run the command that @ubnt-taka posted in the first reply, after I did I went back to my console and it gave me an option to update to 1.6. I had not change my release channel to beta before but the ui was 1.5-beta1. Also, after giving it several minuites to update and restart the web page did not reload but after I reloaded it manually it looked like it was up to date.

Joseph