Trouble giving User Access

I'm trying to give a user access but am failing.  My system's only been installed for two days so I'm still quite new at this.

The user setup a ubnt account and are logged in on their desktop.  I am logged into Protect on my computer through my account.  All are using Chrome.

I tried inviting them to my account via the email option but they never received an email.  I then tried adding them as a user by using their username and password after which they did show up in my list of users but no they received no message or notice through their account.

Not sure where I'm going wrong?

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1080
Solutions: 148

Re: Trouble giving User Access

Username and password are for direct access, not tied to their UBNT account.

Try removing the users you created and re-sending the invite. If they aren't receiving the email it's likely caught in a spam filter or something somwhere, maybe there's another email address you can try?

If the email you are using is the same one tied to their UBNT account, when they login at http://protect.ui.com there will be a Pending Invites link at the top of the page they can click on to accept the invite from there.

The user's email that I'm using for the invite is the same as the one associated with their ubnt account.  Should've mentioned that I've already checked that the invite email is not in a spam folder, etc.  Deleting ad re-adding them from my account gives an error that says an invite is already pending for that email.  When they log into protect.ui.com they see no message, just an option to add a device.

I will try using another email address for that user and see what happens.

I have success using a different email address for my user.  The invite message to that differernt email came through instantly and now they have Protect access.  But their ubnt account email still does not work and no alerts are being received at that email address.  Push notifications do work for the user.  The user setup their ubnt account with their personal email and reveiced a verification email as part of that process so I'm at a loss as to why emails are no longer being received at that address.  Really would like to fix this so they can receive motion alerts at their ubnt account email.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1080
Solutions: 148

There is likely some issue on the users end in regards to their email service/account. 

Possibly but other emails to that account are working including one that I manually initiate by clicking that email listed for them in my Protect user list.  It's the messages generated by the invite process and the alert system that are not showing up in their email account (or spam folder, etc).