Kudos: 58
Solutions: 5

Re: Unable to view cameras with no internet?

I doubt it.
Kudos: 1

This should be very high on the to do list. If an event happens that kills internet there is no way to timely view needed security footage. The only reason more are not asking is because the situation hasn't occurred. But when it does... Like cutting of your Cable Coax during a robbery
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 13
Solutions: 1

It has been fixed.

Kudos: 75
Solutions: 2

@UBNT-Andrei wrote:

It has been fixed.

Is this going to be on v 1.6.2?

Awesome when do we get to try it

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2768
Solutions: 179

[ Edited ]

@tomtek wrote:

We plan to include this in an upcoming 1.8 release, pending final QA test results.

Our current release schedule is approximately every two weeks, so expect this feature by end of month unless we find anything in testing.

@UBNT-TomS wrote:

@tomtek wrote:

We plan to include this in an upcoming 1.8 release, pending final QA test results.

Our current release schedule is approximately every two weeks, so expect this feature by end of month unless we find anything in testing.

you initially said 1.7 and changed it to 1.8 - so the upgrade I just got to 1.7 does not have this fix in place??

Ubiquiti Employee

1.8 is the target version. We locked 1.7 down for QA before the LAN-only support was ready.

That is great news looking forward to it soon

Ubiquiti Employee

Thanks @tomtek . UniFi Protect is generally on a 2-week release cadence, so the 1.8 version should be available for testing before end of month.

Kudos: 6

This is amazing news! 

Just last night I was trying to check in on my young child and it took over 15 seconds to connect over a 500Mbps interent... made me consider turning back on my old Armcrest (cheap chinese import), just to get sub 5 sec connection / load to stream times. 

I really hope that that 'time to video' is a priorty. This is very important feature when you are trying to check on a noise or you get an aleart (when that feature becomes available as well Man Happy )

Thanks again @UBNT-TomS 

Kudos: 3

I am struggling to use Protect at the moment and certainly will not be recommending it to a customer at present, as when you get a notification it's around 30-60 seconds or more before you can view anything. Its so slow.

I have exported the feed into Homekit now using Homebridge. Near instant viewing and this github code. Hardly customer ready. C'mon guys, speed this up. 

@gr4z wrote:

I am struggling to use Protect at the moment and certainly will not be recommending it to a customer at present, as when you get a notification it's around 30-60 seconds or more before you can view anything. Its so slow.

I have exported the feed into Homekit now using Homebridge. Near instant viewing and this github code. Hardly customer ready. C'mon guys, speed this up. 

it should be a lot better now - I've noticed that when launching the mobile app it takes less than a few seconds to connect now. I heard they had to scale up their cloud infrastructure and it has definitely helped. 

Still waiting for the update to allow local only viewing without internet though...

Kudos: 3

It defintely improved a couple of days ago. Local access still desperately needed as not everyone wants or can use a cloud connection. 

Emerging Member
Kudos: 129
Solutions: 17

@UBNT-TomS wrote:

Thanks @tomtek . UniFi Protect is generally on a 2-week release cadence, so the 1.8 version should be available for testing before end of month.

1.8.1 is out but still does not work locally.

@UBNT-TomS ???

I'm out at a customers installation and can't get it to work, the snapshot loads but I can't view live from unifi protect 1.8.1. When accessing camera directly, there is no issues. The network is not connected to internet.

I upgraded to cloud key gen 2 from regular nvr due to time-line function not being developed on regular unify video. Sigh!!! Cmon ubnt! 

Makes me wonder if the cloud access requirement is because UBNT is selling backdoor access to the government?  

I shouldnt be required  to give external access to my cameras.   And yet, here we are.  

has anyone tested this on the latest version 1.9.2? Is offline mode working?

Kudos: 26

No

I just tested it and the web UI works on the local IP - cameras are loading. One thing I noticed though is the resolution keeps getting reset to 720p instead of what I had it set to 1080p... really odd.

The mobile app did not connect as it looks like it was trying to get to SSO on the cloud first which of course fails with no internet.