Highlighted
Kudos: 11
Solutions: 1
Accepted Solution

Unifi Cloud Key Gen 2 Plus will not discover on Mobile app but I can get to it through local IP

[ Edited ]

I know the Cloud Key Gen 2 Plus runs Unifi Protect (which you can start and stop the service) as well as the Unifi SDN which can also be started and stopped through the CK2 configuration settings.

Here's my current setup:

Gateway Pro

(2) 24 Port - 250W switches

(5) - Unifi APs

(6) - G3 Cameras

(1) - Unifi Cloud Key Gen 2 Plus

I can access the Cloud Key SDN remotely through unifi.ubnt.com and it connects with no issues.   I cannot add the CK2 to the protect.ubnt.com account no matter what I try to get it to work...

Steps Taken / Details:

• I have validated the Protect Service is running on the Cloud Key (and have stopped and started service)
  • I can login locally to the Protect System (through a LAN address from laptop on same switch) and see all the cameras, live view and recording
  • The Cloud Key will not discover using the Android Protect mobile app, it just spins (even though the phone is on the same network).
  • The Unifi Mobile App (Android) will show everything with no problem either remote or local LAN
  • CloudKey is running 5.9.29 (recent upgrade, rebooted, still won't discover through app)

Running out of things to try before I just do a factory reset on the whole thing - any ideas?

locating.png

Accepted Solutions
Kudos: 3

Re: Unifi Cloud Key Gen 2 Plus will not discover on Mobile app but I can get to it through local IP

I just posted something in the protect forum. I may have spoke too soon. Everything worked...Until it didn’t. 

I am 90% sure I was also running  5.9.29 on my protect. 

In any event, when I was able to add the controller it was on the ios app. I cliked the bottom of the same picture you show which said "I want to connect to a local controller". At which point I entered the relvant IP info. 

But if you look at my recent post. I had bigger issues until I disconnected the protect altogether and went back to the CK I had lying around. 

I am guessing it is something with 5.9, but I cant be sure. 

View solution in original post

All Replies

Re: Unifi Cloud Key Gen 2 Plus will not discover on Mobile app but I can get to it through local IP

I found this when experiencing a similar problem (except I also could NOT access online). 

I went to the app, and on the bottom of the "Add controller" screen, was " login to existing controller. Which I did using the IP address. Then it showed up for me. 

I also went into the controller and turned off cloud access, then logged back in, and online then worked as well. 

you did it with the protect mobile app or website / local IP address - I'm confused - when I run the protect android app (on my local lan) and try to scan for controllers nothing comes up.  Whe I run the Unifi App and do a search for local controllers, it comes up with no issues and I can manage everything...

I just posted something in the protect forum. I may have spoke too soon. Everything worked...Until it didn’t. 

I am 90% sure I was also running  5.9.29 on my protect. 

In any event, when I was able to add the controller it was on the ios app. I cliked the bottom of the same picture you show which said "I want to connect to a local controller". At which point I entered the relvant IP info. 

But if you look at my recent post. I had bigger issues until I disconnected the protect altogether and went back to the CK I had lying around. 

I am guessing it is something with 5.9, but I cant be sure. 

As an FYI, I did a full wipe at the current version of the software (5.9.29) and re-added everything... good to go now...
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1152
Solutions: 341

Hi @dangerclose,

Just to confirm, by full wipe, you mean you factory reset the CloudKey and after that you were able to adopt Protect as intended?

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks Enterprise Support Team

UniFi Protect: UniFi Protect Help Center | Frequently Asked Questions

UniFi Video 3: UniFi Video Help Center | UFV3 User Guide