Kudos: 44

Unifi Protect Intermittent Connection since 1.6.1

[ Edited ]

I have 17 G3-Flex and G3-AF's connected to a US-48-500W and a CKG2+. Ever since the upgrade to 1.6.1, the cameras are losing connection with Unifi Protect. During the downtime, the cameras are accessible via web interface and I am able to connect to the CKG2+ via SSH and stay connected without an issue. I have a feeling there is an issue with the Unifi Protect service. I tried getting support over chat, but I've already gone through the support articles on the site...

CKG2+ Firmware: v0.9.2

Unifi Protect Version: 1.6.1

UI Version: 1.11.0

Camera Firmware: UVC.v4.9.25.67.d89b9d0.190129.1536

I am happy to send my debug log to anyone that can help!

Thanks!

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1080
Solutions: 148

Re: Unifi Protect Intermittent Connection since 1.6.1

Please upload a support file and PM me a link.

Thanks! I sent it over to you. 

Hey I sent my support file and just wanted to check in and see if you got it. The disconects are pretty frustrating. I'm getting 17 cameras disconnecting and reconnecting multiple times per hour. I'm happy to send an updated support file if you think that could be helpful.

Thanks!

I am in the exact same boat.  My cameras have been disconnecting and reconnecting multiple times a day for about 3 weeks.  Not exactly sure what’s going on.  Seems like the cloud key is crashing and rebooting.

Highlighted
Kudos: 1
Solutions: 1

IM GETTINGT THE SAME PROBLEM WITH 6 CAMERAS. HOPEFULLY THERE IS A PATCH ON THE WAY, IM NOT REALLY EXCITED ABOUT THE REDUCED FUNCTIONALITY OF IT ALL.

My cloud key just went down.  Not only do I lose protect, but I also lose the UniFi controller.  What is needed to get this fixed?  Is it a firmware/software issue or hardware?  Normally the unit reboots, but this time it seems to be staying down. Of course, it doesn’t help I’m at work and I can’t look at the cloud key.

Anybody from ubiquiti that can help out with this?

This may or may not be related, but I was experiecning some disconnects (and trouble connecting on app launch). I haven't expenced these issues since I turned on port forwarding for ports 7442, 7443,7444, 7550.

That's probably more ports than I need to forward, but those are all the ports I found on this forum.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1316
Solutions: 396

@jdolotina wrote:

My cloud key just went down.  Not only do I lose protect, but I also lose the UniFi controller.  What is needed to get this fixed?  Is it a firmware/software issue or hardware?  Normally the unit reboots, but this time it seems to be staying down. Of course, it doesn’t help I’m at work and I can’t look at the cloud key.

Anybody from ubiquiti that can help out with this?

When the system is down, is anything displayed on the screen?  Are you able to ping the CloudKey, or access the UMP web interface (on port 443)?  How are you powering the CloudKey?  If using USB, can you test by powering it via 802.3af?

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks Enterprise Support Team

UniFi Protect: UniFi Protect Help Center | Frequently Asked Questions

UniFi Video 3: UniFi Video Help Center | UFV3 User Guide

I’m using POE and am experiencing the downtime. @UBNT-Cody can I send you my support log?

Hey Cody,

Thanks for the response.  The boot up fails and states as such on the display.  Unable to ping the unit or access the device.  The cloud key is currently connected to a UniFi 16 port POE switch and powered via POE.  The cloud key seems to have completely died.  I’ve also posted about it in the routing and switching forum as well.  Compared to my problem stated above, it has gotten worse over the past few days.  I’m afraid it’s crashed to the point where it isn’t recoverable.  Anyway to possibly revive it when it says boot up failed or what could have went wrong?

Just as a heads up- I just deployed a second CloudKey Gen2+, all I've done on it is disable the Unifi Network controller, update everything, set timezone etc... and it's already restarting! I haven't even added a single camera to it yet. There's definitely a huge issue with the Cloudkey Gen2+...

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1080
Solutions: 148

@mazarian please send us logs from both devices.

Sent to both you and @UBNT-Cody .