additional user push notifications

so I recently got my ck+ and I got a flex camera to test notifications and zones ect before I fully commit to the cammera setup at my house. I got push notifications to work on my main account that I use for my sdn and protect, but then I added my wife ... 1. I made a ubnt account for her

2. I sent and invite to her

3. I logged out of the console as me and then logged in as her in protect.ubnt.com

4. went to users and enabled notifications

5. logged into her phone

6. made her device primary device

the first time I did this she didn't get notifications and the notifications to my account stopped. I tried removing her several times. I added her to the beta stuff on the accounts.ubnt.com. re-added her and did the above stepps again and each time she doesn't get notifications. Also, since I lost notifications on my account I had to go to the make primary account section and forget device. then re-log into my device after force quitting the app for my notifications to start working again. Has anyone else had this issue?

account that works on Iphone Xs - protect app 1.2.1

account that doesn't work Iphone 7 - protect app 1.2.1

ck+ firmware v0.8.7

ck+ protect version 1.4.2 ui 1.9.1

Re: additional user push notifications

I just saw the other post about notifications not sure how I missed it before ... but I also re-set the account up again and then disabled and re-enabled the notifications on her phone (through the phone settings) I did not see a place to disable notifications inside the app itself. I still recieved notifications on the main account, but still no notifications on my wife's account.

Joseph

Kudos: 32
Solutions: 3

This has never worked me either. Only my super admin account gets the notifications. I created another account with different password and email and it has never worked. Only for a brief time a few days ago I started getting two copies of postings and I thought it was working. But that dropped after a day or two and now I back with only the Super Admin account getting notifications. I hope they ventually get this working.

Following this thread closely.

I agree I would imagine in most peoples scenarios they would want to be able to get alerts on more than one account whether it is for home or for a buisness.

Joseph

Highlighted

Absolutely!!

interesting update ... last night my cammera reconnected 3 times. and my wife got those push notifications. However, this morning, I rebooted the cammera and rebooted the airgateway LR it is run off of and she did not get those notifications or movement notifications. I do plan to wire this once I get more cameras and know that the protect software works. I'm chalking up the reconnects on network wierdness for now, but it is around 2 days since I last rebooted each of those. I did not reboot the ck+ just to see if it happens again with the camera before restarting. if that keeps up I'll make another thread for it.

Joseph

All I did was have my wife login to protect.ubnt.com and setup the rules to send her alerts.  I did not set her up to be the primary.  I had to give it about 10 minutes or so before it started working, but now she gets push notifications along with me.  Both of us are using iPhone XS.

Once I turned them on, the push didn’t work right away.  Gave it a little while and it just started working.  Maybe make the changes and give it a while and see if it starts working?

When I log in from the desk top (protect.ubnt) using the second set of credentials it does not even show my controller. I try to add it and it doesn't - comes up with a blank screen. The controller is only shown when I log in with Super Admin account. So I still am unable to send the alerts to another account.. ANybody know a way around this?

The second account exists in the controller. I see no menus or places where I can activate (add on) anything for the second account. 

I actually have only been able to get into the desktop controller from my home network. I haven't been able to get into it other places even vpn'ed into the local network but I'll try this when I get home.

Mine doesn't work for second account anywhere. No controller shown either. Bummer!

I mean the protect controller. I actually can get to the send other places

I was able to log into my wife's account into the protect controller from my home network, but I actually didn't think I would need to set up different alerts for her. I figured all users would get the same alerts but it makes sense for these to be septate.

If I logout from my protect on desktop and try to log in using the second account it says username/pw invalid! Don't know what username/pw combo I can use for the second account that I set up! My main account SuperAdmin works OK.

Are you going to protect.ubnt.com or just logging into the controller locally at the location?  I found that my wife’s login info doesn’t work when I try and login to the controller locally. If I go to the actual website (protect.ubnt.com), I can then get in with her credentials and setup the push notifications.

At protect.ubnt.com I get no controller found message when I log in using the 2nd account. Puzzling!
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1261
Solutions: 379

@ASCHMB,

Did you configure the second account as a local account, or did you send an email invite? Remember that the second account has to have it's own account at account.ubnt.com to accept the invite and associate the user.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks Enterprise Support Team

UniFi Protect: UniFi Protect Help Center | Frequently Asked Questions

UniFi Video 3: UniFi Video Help Center | UFV3 User Guide

so adding the alerts to my wifes account was it, just changed and just got the notification correctly. so close to having this right on the first setup ...

1. do they plan to make editing the alerts integrated into the IOS app?

2. also, while i normally like SSO it is a bit confusing to have to go to my ubnt account then sign out, then sign out of the protect website in order to be able to log in as a new user.

3. I also think it would be a good idea to let the super administrator be able to update alerts for other accounts for people that are less savy. probably if the admin did this send a e-mail saying that their notifications have been changed. Obviously with me and wife no biggie for me to have her password and finagle this but in other environments that is not secure.

@UBNT-Cody I configured the second account as a login to unifi account (account.ubnt.com). That was the email/password. The same info is also added to the users tab in protect controller. I thought that was the way to add a second account. Am I missing a step?

I actually got my wife’s account created via the mobile app under Users and then hit the invite button.  She then had to follow a link that had her setup a Ubiquiti account.  It was kind of tedious, but I would try and invite your user thru the mobile app and see if it works.

That’s good to know. On my iPad when I issue an invite to user absolutely nothing happens. Goes back to iPad home screen. No email. Nothing. I will keep working on it. What fun!