missing timelapse videos in unifi protect

Hello,

I'm not seeing any videos when I go to timelapse. I'm running version 1.5.0; ui version: 1.10.2-beta.1.

If I go to events, I can see vidoes there.

The missing timelapse view seems to be triggered by the cameras being off-line . An event happened at the site this month, and  I need to try and find when it happened. I didn't want anything to over-write it, so I unplugged all the cameras so no new video would be captured. It seems when I lost the live cams, I also lost the timelase view? I'm wanting to review tha past month at a high speed timelapse so I can find when the event happened, but I'm not seeing how to do that.

image.pngno videos show in timelapse viewimage.pngvideos show in events view

Kudos: 613

Re: missing timelapse videos in unifi protect

You seem to have the same or a similar problem to what I had going on..Check out this thread:

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Protect/No-video-recording-or-events/m-p/2644181/highlight/true

Thanks for the tip - but unfortunately it didn't work. Were you seeing the recorded events, but not the timelapse?

It did report back UPDATE 17 when I ran it. Didn't bring back the timelapse though.

service unifi-protect stop

# psql -U unifi-protect unifi-protect -c "UPDATE cameras SET \"recordingSettings\" = \"recordingSettings\"::jsonb ||'{\"mode\": \"always\"}'::jsonb"

UPDATE 17

service unifi-protect start

Kudos: 3

I presume you have 17 cameras? That command wont bring ‘anything back’ instead it tells the system to record the cameras from now on. it won’t magically rebuild any missed historical recordings.

[ Edited ]

>I presume you have 17 cameras?

Only 7 cameras have been associated with it. So not sure what the 17 number refers to.

On a hunch I grabbed one of the lesser-needed cameras from the site and brought it home and connected it. Now timelaps is working, and I can select all cameras via the dropdown. It seems if all cameras are disconnected, you can't look at timelapse for any of the cameras, even if there are many weeks of recordings still on there. The events doesn't have that issue - I was able to look at events without any cameras connected.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1316
Solutions: 396

@TowerOfLondon Could you please upload your support file to a file share service and send me a public download link via PM?

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks Enterprise Support Team

UniFi Protect: UniFi Protect Help Center | Frequently Asked Questions

UniFi Video 3: UniFi Video Help Center | UFV3 User Guide

[ Edited ]

>Could you please upload your support file to a file share service

sure! I just sent you three  files 

a) no cameras, and the timelaptse page not working

b) one camera online, with the timelaps working for all cameras for hisotrical video

c) after unplugging the only camera, timelapse not working for anything

Kudos: 1
Solutions: 1

I set up a new system for parents and noticed the exact thing. Once I unplugged the camera, there was no footage to be had on the time-lapse If I plugged it back in it was there again, But clips remaind indefinite within the events tab?

Issue is still present in 1.6. Just re-sent support logs.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1316
Solutions: 396

@TowerOfLondon,

Can you please re-connect the cameras so that new footage is generated, then reproduce the issue once more?

In the screenshot of the Timelapse screen on your original post, the timelapse interface / video viewer doesn't seem to render. Is this still the case?

If you connect to the NVR using the mobile app, does the Timelapse render as it should there?

I have not been able to reproduce this issue. I can select an old date on a camera that has been disconnected for several days, and still play back the Timelapse recording of the camera on that day (newer recordings fail to play, of course).

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks Enterprise Support Team

UniFi Protect: UniFi Protect Help Center | Frequently Asked Questions

UniFi Video 3: UniFi Video Help Center | UFV3 User Guide