Re: slow connection when using USG or USG Pro

Hi All,

Just for fun i replaced the LAN cable between switch and cloud key with a purchased C6A.  No difference issue remains when i am off my network or the VPN, works fine when i use my personal VPN into my network via my iPhone.  Fast connection from the start to finish.

Regards

Scott

Kudos: 1

Seriously,

How long is it going to take to fix this

It's clear that the problem is in the USG. Without it, it's fast. Cable modem in router mode connected to the USG is fast. Cable modem in bridge mode it goes slow

Cant believe how long is using for a fix

Please share with me the solution when this is fixed. I have the same issue. Waiting for level 2 support to help me!

Hi All,

I have updated to the latest Cloud key 0.9.7 and firmware 5.10.19. The issue has not resolved, still getting "slow connection" and drop outs the the cloudKey 2 plus.

4G speeds are 110mbs down and 45 up.

This issue has been around for weeks is the internal team addressing it?

Regards

Scott

dt.IMG_2343.PNGIMG_2344.PNG

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1458
Solutions: 446

[ Edited ]

This issue is still being investigated. As a workaround, I recommend configuring a Remote User VPN to access Protect.

Detailed instructions are available in this article: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005445768

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks Enterprise Support Team

UniFi Protect: UniFi Protect Help Center | Frequently Asked Questions

UniFi Video 3: UniFi Video Help Center | UFV3 User Guide

Highlighted
Kudos: 281
Solutions: 2

Not everyone can use a remote VPN Cody. Even more so when your USG does not have a Public Facing IP as you can't reach it. Example, Verizon will put you on their private network, as such, you can't reach the IP you where handed by them. This is why the cloud connection is so important as it makes it's own tunnel from the inside out.
UniFi Protect - Need to be able to TURN OFF IR LED's, but not the processing needed to use IR.

"IR LED FEATURE REQUEST" POSTED....

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Protect-Feature-Requests/TURN-OFF-IR-LEDS-for-use-Behind-Windows/idi-p/2636108

Please be so kind and KUDO the feature request.
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1262
Solutions: 157

If you have a USG with IPS turned on, please make sure the `Info` category is not turned on. If it is, please turn it off. You may need to wait up to 5 minutes to see any change in behavior, after that please test again and see if the issue persists.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1262
Solutions: 157

For any users having issues specifically with using USGs and their cable modem in bridged mode, please post what ISP you have the and model name/# of the modem you are using.

Hi Taka,

I'm in Austraila using the NBN (Telstra Bigpond).  The modem is the default one provide Telstra  the Arris CM8200 for NBN HFC

Regards

Scott

i have two isp's, both use the Arris CM8200 for NBN HFC modem.

one isp is telstra, one isp is aussie broadband, they are both 100/40 mbs connections.

both do the same thing with unifi protect slow connection

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 5939
Solutions: 360

Outside of IPS blocking STUN, there aren't any reproducible problems. 

@balducci and @scottgow - you seem to have good cases for reproduction, I sent you PMs to see what we can arrange to troubleshoot from here. 

Established Member
Kudos: 344
Solutions: 31

UK - British Telecom (BT) and Draytek Vigor 130

USG-3P | US-8-60W | US-8-150W | UAP-AC-Lite (2) | UAP-AC-Pro | UAP-AC-Mesh | UAP-AC-In Wall | UCK-Gen2-Plus | UVC-G3-AF (5) | UVC-G3-Pro | NBE-5AC-16 | NBE-5AC-19

There was a new cloud key plus gen 2 firmware and an update to UniFi protect.

I factory reset my cloud key updated UniFi protect to 1.8.1 and restored the backup of UniFi protect and UniFi network and it seems to be much better. Hey this is only day one.. all my recordings are gone. I wait and see how it goes for a couple of days. 

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 5939
Solutions: 360

@alexlowe30 wrote:

UK - British Telecom (BT) and Draytek Vigor 130

This thread's had at least 3 root causes in it thus far and some varying symptom descriptions. Since you haven't posted already in this thread, could you please describe the issue you're seeing? 

I have the same problem as scottgow.

Hi Ubiquiti Team,

We're rolling into week seven of this known issue.  I've got all the latest firmware, controller version and the issue persists.

I have not heard from any team member\tech.

Do we have any updates? Thoughts? Any suggestion you guys are working on the issue would give me some confidence i haven't wasted my money on this unifi product.

Regards

Scott

I factory resetted my Coloudkey gen 2 and that seemed to fix it.

Don't forget to backup your UniFi network. And UniFi protect settings

[ Edited ]

@balducci Are you sure that the factory reset is helpful?

I can only share my experience. I saw the firmware update released for the cloud key and update to unifi protect. I installed them . There was no change.

I thought to myself, I can backup UniFi network with complete history,I can backup the UniFi protect settings so what would it hurt to reset?I lose my recordings. Well I didn't care that the drive would be wiped and I lose my camera recordings so I did the factory reset, my shop assigned the same address, I logged into cloud key set my ubnt account, loaded UniFi network and chose restore from backup. In one step all my rules and settings were back, did the same for UniFi protect and then I turned off wifi on my iPhone and UniFi protect loaded and switched to ask my camera and said fast connection. So I don't know if the upgrade process doesn't clean up something or doesn't reset a specific setting but it's been over a week and works every day

I'd love to know if anyone else is willing to try resetting and if it works we can pressure ubiquity in looking at what's different from old version upgraded vs upgrading and resetting.

@balducci 

Okay, i will try it and give feedback when i done.