Affordable USG for WAN > 1 Gbps Service

Submitted by -

Internet service is expanding beyond 1 Gbps. Modems are coming with multiple Ethernet ports that can be aggregated together for > 1 Gbps service.

More than ever, we need new USGs that can aggregate WAN1 & WAN2 together. Of course this goes along with higher bandwidth LAN ports (LAG / 2.5G / 5G / 10G).

I understand that the USG3 & USG4 hardware cannot accelerate LACP. We need new hardware in the pipeline for this increasingly common use case.

Even with the latest USG-XG, it is uncertain if the ports can be aggregated together. Even if possible, its cost far exceeds the typical USG3 & USG4 audience.

Comments
by
on ‎11-02-2018 08:01 AM

why cant they just make new unifi models based on the following ER products

ERX, ER4, ER6

by
‎01-07-2019 12:40 PM - edited ‎01-07-2019 12:42 PM

+1 for this being added to the firmware.

Since as stated by , the USG-Pro4 does have the hardware for LACP offload, and it looks like in ER 2.0 it's enabled so the USG software should be able to enable it.

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Routing-Switching/USG-Pro-4-LACP-pairs-on-LAN-and-WAN/td-p/17545...

by
on ‎01-08-2019 02:37 PM

Would love a new USG that is small enough to fit into residential media panels that can handle 1Gbps PPPoE connections. This is my biggest request.

by
Tuesday

USG-6-XG

1 10G Copper WA, let's face it I jsut don't see the ISPs putting SFP+ on their equipment, as speeds go up it will be a Cat6a/7 copper port.

1 SFP+ WAN...just in case

4 SFP+ LAN

Processing Engibe Capable of Handling IPS/DPI with perhaps up to 4GB in/out bandwidth.  That ought to hold the residentail market for a few years.

by
Saturday

+1 on this...

Ubiquiti need to offer a compact USG that can handle upto 1Gbps speeds and not full length Rack mounted hardware. I'm sure it can be done, but Ubiquitu needs to make some sort of announcement of thier intensions.