Static LAG support

Submitted by

As discovered in my forum post here, please allow your switches to aggregate ports without requiring LACP.  Small businesses like mine run vSphere Essentials which does not support LACP, and it is far less expensive to put one of your competitor's switches into place than to buy a much more expensive license for vSphere.

Comments
by
on ‎12-22-2016 04:03 PM

I was surprised to see the UniFi switches do not support Static LAGs.  I'm sure this is something they can implement.  While we prefer LACP, situations such as yours requires static LAG.

by
on ‎03-20-2017 07:16 AM

How's that possible?! I really need static LAG for interopability with switches from other manufacturers. Has anything changed there since the last post?

by
on ‎04-11-2017 12:55 PM

Please implement this. Thank you. Even a cheap netgear managed switch can do this.

by
on ‎08-05-2017 12:19 PM

YES!

For small companies, or individuals, running the free ESXi server, LACP is not supported.

Since every other managed switch I've used supported static LACP, I was very surprised to find the support missing here.

by
on ‎08-07-2017 02:39 AM

This one is preventing me to buy UniFi switches. I must look elsewere to be able to run ESXi-hosts (without vDS) with link agregation. Please consider this feature.

by
on ‎08-23-2017 11:31 PM

YES!

For small companies, or individuals (like me), running small business equipment like Cisco WAP571 LACP is not supported.

Since every other managed switch I've used supported static LACP, I was very surprised to find the support missing here.

by
on ‎08-30-2017 04:50 PM

Please add my vote for adding static lags to the list! 

by
on ‎09-01-2017 07:49 AM

This is something I as well would like to see implimented. +1

by
on ‎09-30-2017 10:38 AM
Add my vote for Static LAG.
by
on ‎09-30-2017 05:54 PM

Adding my vote.  Had to return two switches.  Cost of replacing existing in place hardware capable of Static LAG only far higher in time and labor than simply buying a competitors switch.