USG Realtime traffic graph

Submitted by

So, I know it has been mentioned in other places (Specifically I have included a link to the forum topic) but I would like to create a new idea request specifically for realtime bandwidth activity. 

I have ran into several occasions where clients are limited in bandwidth and will call about slow speeds. I would like to be able to see at a glance what the current usage is and, if possible, who is using it. Right now I would settle for just a graph showing the last ~15min - 1hr.  

As it stands now, I am going to have to figure out some option of monitoring this. Sadly, in my own home, I am going to be replacing the USG with a PFsense box. It was either this or put in an edgerouter X as a transparent monitor and I would rather keep the device chain smaller.  The USG will sit on the shelf as I wait hoping this will be implemented. :-)

I hope the images below will spell out better what I and others like me would like to see. Ubiquiti makes wonderful products and I hope you all will see the potential in this suggestion and implement it. 

Looking at the controller I beleve these stats are already gathered so I would hope it wouldn't be too difficult to create a graph on the dashboard showing these stats.

Selection_001.jpg

This is ultimately what I would love to see. I am able to see at a glance what the traffic is and who my "top talkers" are. 

soIQU.png

I would even be OK with just simply something that keeps a live update. 

Tomato_Firmware_-_Bandwidth_Real_Time.PNG

I also have included a link to a couple forum topics discussing this further. Hopefully they might provide more insight as well.

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Routing-Switching/USG-Realtime-Activity-Monitoring/td-p/1902798

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Routing-Switching/USG-Real-Time-Bandwidth/td-p/1605341

Thank you for your consideration.

Comments
by
on ‎11-27-2017 11:28 AM
Plus one for this feature, I'm also going to have to swap this it to another option.

Can we please have some input from the mods or developers
by
on ‎11-28-2017 03:34 AM

There's an existing feature request here.

by
on ‎11-28-2017 10:36 AM

The way live bandwidth is displayed in the ER-X suits me happily. Why this hasn't yet been built into the UniFi routers is very disappointing.

by
on ‎11-29-2017 03:07 PM

Like the idea!

by
on ‎12-07-2017 08:12 PM

I can't believe this isn't built in. Why wouldn't they just show the usage on the client's list, that information HAS to be tracked by default anyway.

by
on ‎12-11-2017 01:07 PM

+1

please

by
on ‎12-12-2017 08:13 AM

+1
I bought the USG 2 Weeks ago because of this feature. I thought this is surely implanted. I'm very disappointed its not possible to see the WAN output for eache device and I cant sort by traffic. 

I dont know how "activity" is working. It mostly shows nothing even there is a lot of traffic.

Please give us this feature!!

by
on ‎12-13-2017 04:56 PM
Can we have an update please, seems crazy we are betting for a feature
by
on ‎12-21-2017 07:50 PM

I was just looking for this same thing thinking I must just not be finding it in.

Definite +1 from me too. Thinking of having to switch back to PFSense again for the same reason Man Sad

by
on ‎01-03-2018 11:52 AM

Isn't this idea mostly implemented in the USG? The dashboard shows a graph of bandwidth usage and the client list can be sorted by activity, which shows the big data users at the top of the list. Maybe it's not exactly "realtime" but it's pretty close. I've never had a problem figuring out what devices are hogging the bandwidth. In fact, it has helped me solve one client's problems with slow speeds/congested network (turns out when the ISP throttles the data, the ping times go through the roof; solved it by limiting the bandwidth at the USG at a value slightly lower than the ISPs limits).