Highlighted

Access to Internet stops.

[ Edited ]

Hello All,

Want some advice on an issue I have been experiencing with my UniFi setup.

Based in UK with Sky providing fibre broadband from Hub v3. 192.168.0.1

USG With broadband connected to WAN, LAN interface 192.168.1.1

Unfi 8 port switch US-8-60W

UniFi AP-AC-Pro

The setup has been in place for over a year and no issues, then over the past month the network has been experiencing an issue where the clients on the network are not able to access the internet, if I log in to the Internet router it show connected, to fix things I disconnect the router from the internet (via software interface) and reconnect and things start to work again.

I have had the ISP out and the have changed the master socket and switched out the router, however I still experience the internet drop out.

I have removed the USG from my config and at the moment the internet access issue has not returned.

Could this issue be down to a bug in the USG software filling up a routing table or ARP not clearing correctly?

I am no expert when it comes to the more detail networking troubleshooting.

I did have the IPS enabled for a while but disabled it to see if it was causing the same issue?

Kudos: 41
Solutions: 6

Re: Access to Internet stops.

[ Edited ]

What router do you have?

i went through something similar with ATT fiber here in the US that started around the same time as you. It was solved with getting a block of static IP’s. I didn’t need.

USG Pro
1 Cloud Key
16-POE-150w
3. 8-POE-60
2 UAP-AC-HD's

The router is the one my ISP provided SkyQ Hub

https://www.sky.com/shop/broadband-talk/sky-hub/

Will see if I can get a static IP address.

Anyone else experiencing anything similar?

Having the same problem.  My USG 3 has recently started going into disconnected state and stops handing out DHCP address.  A power cycle of the USG resolves the problem.  Seems to have started happening after recent upgrade to  4.4.29.5124210.    I am at the point where I am going to have to replace the USG with something else.  

Hoping there is a fix coming soon.