Kudos: 9

Any update on DPI support in passthrough mode or on monitor interface?

Roadmap thread locked a month ago from 1/9 with no updates. Still looking if DPI support in passthrough mode or on monitor interface is on the list. 

Kudos: 322

Re: Any update on DPI support in passthrough mode or on monitor interface?

[ Edited ]

+1. I'm not ready to buy a USG as my internet router yet (due to the immaturity of this device as a router/firewall)  but I would buy it in a heartbeat if I could use it as a DPI probe. I would prefer to span an interface on a switch to send mirrored traffic to the USG for DPI inspection instead of puting the USG inline (in the passthrough mode) to reduce latency. However, ultimately, either mode of connection would work for me. 

Kudos: 1

I would also appreciate to get and test this feature. I run a quite complex IT networkstructure containing multiple VPN interconnected subnets.

Inserting the USG as additionally cascaded NAT router would require significant redesign of the existing operative IP landscape which I definitively want to avoid.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 10
Solutions: 1

Yes an update on this from UBNT would be nice. 

No updates?

I don't think I am at the required skill level to follow all those steps mentioned in @wnoisephx  post.

It looks like Jan 2017 (now a year and a half ago) when UBNT posted the roadmap with it "coming soon" as a feature.

No updates since then?

I'd really like to use the USG in this way.

+1 any update?

Still looking to purchase this product but the 'DPI support in passthrough mode or on monitor interface' is a key feature requirement.

Looking for a clear solution for it as well. Got it only partly working but with lots of errors. Especially never have been able to get a IPv6 from Pfsense. But somehow I think it’s no priority for Ubnt to provide that feature. 

Kudos: 8
Solutions: 3

[ Edited ]

@UBNT-cmb

Did this ever get implemented after it was added to the roadmap a few years  22 months ago?

Would love to have passthrough mode or on monitor interface in my USG device. Please keep working on this feature. Please post update on any progress.