Kudos: 618

Are we going to get an Upgraded Small Form Factor USG replacement anytime soon?

I just want to start with I love my Unifi setup, however I have a 400 mb business circuit and if I turn the IDP feature on, My USG looses its mind about once every other week. Yes I know its a beta feature but with higher throughput circuits come to the consumer home market, more memory and CPU is defanitly going to be neededs to use these nifty security features. I love the size of the USG and dont have the room for another large rackmount component. I just thought I would ask, i know more people than I have thought about this..  

Re: Are we going to get an Upgraded Small Form Factor USG replacement anytime soon?

The USG-XG is plenty fast enough, but has a bunch of stuff like 10 SFP+ ports and extra memory a home or small business user will never need that really drive up the price. 

I would be surprised NOT to see a 4-8 core small USG come out in the near future without all the extra hardware, fast enough to do packet inspection on a 1Gbit connection.  I'm just using an old wifi router with the wireless antennas turned off untin Ubiquiti releases such a thing, and will move to PFsense if I need to before the Ubiquiti product comes out.

John