Highlighted
Kudos: 25

Bind specific traffic to a VPN?

I am trying to set it up so say all basic internet web browsing traffic (FB Reddit Banks Shopping) will route through a VPN like HMA or PIA. Then I want to have everything else which is more speed/stability sensitive like Smartthings, Security system, Netflix, PLEX, and gaming run straight though the WAN without the VPN. 

I have to imagine this is possible by now though the GUI.... I hope because I really don't like the thought of CLI.

Any help with be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Kudos: 25

Re: Bind specific traffic to a VPN?

Has the Unifi community died? 

Kudos: 5

Re: Bind specific traffic to a VPN?

You could do this per device-but per destination would likely require some sort of proxy server or using different applications per purpose with a proxy server.

This sounds very elaborate to this networking n00b.  If you’re using some sort of privacy VPN then best practices state to not use the same browsing device for secure traffic-so splitting traffic will also possibly reveal your actual address.  You should either route all traffic and use paranoid surfing practices or not bother wasting your time trying to split traffic based on destination/purpose.

USG 3P | US-8-60W | UAP-AC-PRO | Netgear GS110TP | A smattering of unmanaged switches