Kudos: 3

Can the Cloud Key Gen2 Plus be used as a NAS?

I am currently in need of a video surveillance and a NAS (for reasons other than video surveillance).  Since the Cloud Key Gen2 Plus can already be used to store videos, can it be used to as a multi-purpose NAS as well?  I realize that I may want to replace the 1 TB drive with a larger one.

Kudos: 2

Re: Can the Cloud Key Gen2 Plus be used as a NAS?

very good question! I'm also thinking to upgrade my CK, and so I would save a separate NAS-device.

Kudos: 1

Came to pose the same question. Don't see any responses yet - how do we get UBNT support added here?
Kudos: 3

I wish I knew!

Emerging Member
Kudos: 12
Solutions: 1

So far I cant see that anything can be done with that hard drive if its not being used for Protect/NVR. Hopefully they add some alternate support for it. Only reason I got the Plus was because it was only $20 more and had twice the RAM.

Kudos: 147
Solutions: 37

This would require new OS and/or software that the CK-G2+ may not have been designed to accommodate. For the price of the unit, you can buy a decent NAS unit with RAID support for redundancy, video surveilance, file server, NTP server, backup, etc. Sometimes having separate systems is a benefit.

Kudos: 1115
Solutions: 302

- Its not designed to be a NAS, it is a NVR.

- A lot of NAS functionality requires much more processor power then this device can deliver.

- If you customize it, every time there is a firmware upgrade all these customizations will be gone.

If you need a NAS, buy a NAS. Icon Razz