Kudos: 185
Solutions: 13

Careful upgrading to 3.7.49.x

I just upgraded everything on my network this morning to 3.7.49.6201.  My AC-Lite and AC-LR had no issues, but my 16-XG effectively bricked (lost ping indefinitely, reboot didn't fix).  Unfortunately, the iSCSI traffic between my SAN and hypervisor where I run my controller runs across the XG, so once that went down, my controller became unreachable.  I had to re-cable several hosts to get the controller online and accessible, factory reset the XG, and re-adopt it in the controller. Interestingly, the XG came back online with the 3.7.49.6201 firmware, and I was able to re-cable everything back the way it was.  I sent an email to UBNT Support (haven't heard back yet), but now in my controller (5.4.11 Stable on Debian), all my devices are showing an available "upgrade" down to 3.7.37.6065.  So be careful in deploying the 3.7.49.6201 firmware...there may be issues on the switches.

For reference, usually when I upgrade the XG firmware, I lose ping for about 100 seconds, which I still think is too long, but as long as that remains consistent everytime I upgrade, I can live with it.  Anyone else having issues with 3.7.49.x?

Kudos: 23

Re: Careful upgrading to 3.7.49.x

I had 5 devices upgrade w/o issue, 4 UAP-HD & 1 USW-8. The last device was a USW-48-750 which took the upgrade but then became unresponsive and disconnected from the controller as your 16-XG did. I was able to powercycle the switch after a site visit and the switch recovered.

Highlighted
Kudos: 185
Solutions: 13

Re: Careful upgrading to 3.7.49.x

Yeah, I tried a power cycle, but that didn't work for me.  I had to factory reset it and re-adopt it.  I'm curious to find out if UBNT can find a reason why it happened.