Kudos: 49
Solutions: 2

Change IP of controller in USG and UniFi Switch

I need to move the controller to a new machine on a different local subnet. Regarding the UAPs, I will just set-default and re-adopt them, no problem. . .

But what about the USG and UniFi Switch. I can't figure a straightforward way to let them know about the new IP of the controller (which I will move with a backup file). How to achieve this?

Re: Change IP of controller in USG and UniFi Switch

Actually I just took a leap of faith in my own skillset and cli'd into both the USG and UniFi Switch and did a:

set-inform http://192.168.100.250:8080/inform

It appears to have worked and the new controller, with a restored backup of the old controller, appears have adopted them both properly. Are there any gotchas I missed by doing this?

Emerging Member
Kudos: 227
Solutions: 1

Yes, stop using IP adresses with the inform addresses, it will come back and haunt you later on, when you have lots of switches and APs, and for some reason you need to move the controller again.

Rogar that.

Kudos: 3

Commands are really different between different versions of the USG: On mine, there is no set-inform command, or unifi set-inform. I can't figure out how to change the provisioning URL. The version is 4.1.0.467567. It'll probably exist after I upgrade it.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 227

You can switch to the unifi console using mca-cli, and thus you will be able to set the inform url.