Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Highlighted

CloudKey regularly offline?

Is connected to my local lan for testing before deploying to a customer site, every 3-5 days the cloudkey goes offline (static configured to 192.168.1.30), I cannot ping it or see it via unifi website (states offline).  Power cycling brings it back, using 5v 1a micro usb wall adapter which has been used for several things without fault.

Kudos: 8
Solutions: 2

Re: CloudKey regularly offline?

I have no solution, but want to state that I too am experiencing the same behavour from my cloud key. Mine is using a static IP address (192.168.1.7) and is powered from a PoE off of a ToughSwitch. I have a number of times power-cyled it from the ToughSwitch interface to get it going again. The best it seems to do is 3-4 days before falling over.

[ Edited ]

Update: On investigating I noticed that there were log entries in the ToughSwitch indicating restarts to the port for the CloudKey.

I did some research in the forums and found that my ToughSwitch 8 may have been hurting for power. From the ToughSwith Manual "TOUGHSwitch PoE PRO is an industrial-strength, 8-port Gigabit switch with 150 watts of power". In addtion to the CloudKey, I had 2 x UAP-Pros, 1 x UAC-M and 1 x G3 camera fed thru an EdgeRouterX  in passthu mode totaling 192 volts.   Ooops!!

I have just bought and installed a UniFi Switch 8 (replacing the EdgeRouterX) and rearranged things a little to share the PoE load. I want to see if this stabilises my CloudKey. I will update in a few days if this sorts my problem.

[ Edited ]

I am happy to report that my CloudKey now seems to have stablised. It has now been running without problem for 7 days.

My experience would indicate that CloudKeys can be sensitive to "weaknesses" in power supply arrangements and perhaps this is the case with your setup using the 5v 1a micro usb wall adapter?  Might be worth trying an alternate method of powering it - perhaps a 48V injector?