Kudos: 3
Solutions: 3
Accepted Solution

Cloudkey issue.

So I think my cloudkey has gone full on r****. I go to log into the thing today and when logging into the management side to check for firmware upgrades it freezes and then I can no longer reach the cloudkey at all. So, I manually pull the plug from the thing. I log back in and can get into the management size. However, now when I go to log into unifi controller it simply says "Unifi controller is starting up." I have since tried stopping and starting controller as well as restoring it from a prior saved working configuration. I have factory defaulted and reloaded the saved state and nothing. 

So is this thing now a brick? 

Accepted Solutions
Kudos: 48
Solutions: 19

Re: Cloudkey issue.

i did few resets and firmware downgrade and upgrade and few more resets

idk how in what order but it worked

* and dont be scared if i gonna mess with ppl his network   i am not that kind of person

Products i have:1x UC‑CK, 1x USG 3p, 1x USW-8 150 Watt, 1x UAP AC_LR, 1x UAP, 1x UVC-G3 Feel free to add me on Steam

View solution in original post

Good news. I went into emergency recovery mode and conducted a manual downgrade. It let me into the controller wizard. Now I am going to try an auto firmware upgrade and settings restore. Will keep you all posted. Thanks for the help BTW. 

View solution in original post

All Replies

I had it also  but i got mines back to work...

If you want me to help you i can give it a try becouse if there is a backup it is stored on the external card

But then i only need teamviewer

You can pb me

Products i have:1x UC‑CK, 1x USG 3p, 1x USW-8 150 Watt, 1x UAP AC_LR, 1x UAP, 1x UVC-G3 Feel free to add me on Steam

Yeah I restored the backup from the external card once already... no joy. 

I am trying an older backup and will see how that goes. I am half tempted just to call them and send the thing back. It shouldnt work this way. I hate to say it but I really like UBNT stuff when I started using it and now I am begining to hate it because of some reliability issues. 

i had exactly the same as you describe   and mines got back to work

Dont ask me how i cannot type it out i can do it for you

if you want my help PM me your teamvieuwer ID   and i will redo the steps i did

[ Edited ]

I am now manually uploading the firmware to it. We will see what happens. 

I am semi hopefull since it actually refreshes the page while saying "Checking backup file and restoring..."

[ Edited ]

I understand. Based on what I have running on my network I dont run team viewer. I appreciate the offer though. 

If I get it to work before UBNT opens tomorrow I will create a guide called "How to un-f*** your cloudkey."

i did few resets and firmware downgrade and upgrade and few more resets

idk how in what order but it worked

* and dont be scared if i gonna mess with ppl his network   i am not that kind of person

I found a guide that says there are two files on the thing that go to zero bytes and if you delete them it fixes the problem. Sadly I dont use SSH a lot on linux so I dont remember all the commands. Nor should I have to. LOL. 

Looking at my amazon purchase it looks like I purchased it over a year ago by like two days. I have a feeling they are going to bone me when I try to warranty it. 

Good news. I went into emergency recovery mode and conducted a manual downgrade. It let me into the controller wizard. Now I am going to try an auto firmware upgrade and settings restore. Will keep you all posted. Thanks for the help BTW. 

FIXED. 

Looks to me that maybe it doesnt change your actual cloudkey manager files unless you change your firmware. It updates firmware and then doesnt bother to reinstall the manager. Downgrading and upgrading seems to fix it. 

If you are not known with ssh   (youre not alone)  use winscp   its almost the same like windows explorer    edit a file in there and the del button means del (delete)

But good if there is a way to recover it

Thx. I didnt even think of that. I have that sitting on my desktop where I setup my VPN and got the keys from it.