Connecting to a server on one network from another isn't working

I have two networks set up

- Main

- Secondary (A guest network)

On main I have a server that runs a web server. It also has a proper DNS configuration (handled by Cloudflare). Ports 80 and 443 are appropriately forwarded to this server and connection to the server works when I am on Main and when I am connecting from outside the network. I am able to hit the web server, as expected, using the correct URL (and subdomains).

My problem is that I can't connect to the server from the Secondary network. This is the case if I try to hit it using an IP address or if I try to hit it using the DNS name handled by Cloudflare.

I suspect my firewall rules allowing this connection is an issue. This rule is set in Guest Out. The destination IP is on Main (and is correct).

RULE INDEXEnabledNameActionProtocolSourceDestination
2000YesConnect to serverAcceptTCP and UDP
  • Network: Secondary
  • Type: IPv4 Subnet
  • IP Address: 192.168.1.187
6001Yesaccounting defined network 192.168.160.0/24Accept
All

What is the proper way to allow the guest network of Secondary to connect to the single IP on Main?

Kudos: 56
Solutions: 25

Re: Connecting to a server on one network from another isn't working

https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/115010254227-UniFi-USG-Firewall-How-to-Disable-InterVLAN-Rou...

Since you didn't post the firewall rule, can you confirm your rule is similar to the guide above?