1x UCK

Currently having multiple networks/VLANs

Native (corporate) – Management – DHCP by USG

168 – Guest – DHCP by USG

100 (corporate) – Servers – DHCP on USG disabled – NO DHCP

110 (corporate) – Office 1 – DHCP on USG disabled - DHCP by Windows Server

120 (corporate) – Office 2 – DHCP on USG disabled - DHCP by Windows Server

130 (corporate0 – Office 3 – DHCP on USG disabled – DHCP by Windows Server

200 (VLAN ONLY) – 3rd part HOTSPOT – DHCP by provider of hotspot via CISCO router

210 (VLAN ONLY) – IP TV

What I need is, that DHCP Windows server will be issuing IP addresses for VLAN - 110,120,130

Servers are on Trunk Ports where VLAN 100 is native and 110, 120, 130 – tagged, communication with servers from different VLANS no problem, no problem with VLAN tagging and trunking at all.

Windows server has set up multiple scopes.

Can I set up this on UniFi without the need to configure DHCP agent on Windows Server?

I believe that DHCP relay on UniFi should take care of it, but I don’t have a success doing it in the UNIFI setup. Or would it be something simple as DHCP guarding? Or it just wont work at all?

Someone has similar setup or any suggestions please?

Thanks for any help.

Established Member
Kudos: 174
Solutions: 10

Re: DHCP from one VLAN to multiple VLANs

@Czechmate wrote:

Hi Guys,

I am seeking for help with my setup. We have full UniFi setup with:

1x USG P4

1x USW-48

1x USW-48-POE-750W

24x UAP-AC-IW

2x UAP-AC-IW-PRO

1x UAP-HD

1x UCK

Currently having multiple networks/VLANs

Native (corporate) – Management – DHCP by USG

168 – Guest – DHCP by USG

100 (corporate) – Servers – DHCP on USG disabled – NO DHCP

110 (corporate) – Office 1 – DHCP on USG disabled - DHCP by Windows Server

120 (corporate) – Office 2 – DHCP on USG disabled - DHCP by Windows Server

130 (corporate0 – Office 3 – DHCP on USG disabled – DHCP by Windows Server

200 (VLAN ONLY) – 3rd part HOTSPOT – DHCP by provider of hotspot via CISCO router

210 (VLAN ONLY) – IP TV

What I need is, that DHCP Windows server will be issuing IP addresses for VLAN - 110,120,130

Servers are on Trunk Ports where VLAN 100 is native and 110, 120, 130 – tagged, communication with servers from different VLANS no problem, no problem with VLAN tagging and trunking at all.

Windows server has set up multiple scopes.

Can I set up this on UniFi without the need to configure DHCP agent on Windows Server?

I believe that DHCP relay on UniFi should take care of it, but I don’t have a success doing it in the UNIFI setup. Or would it be something simple as DHCP guarding? Or it just wont work at all?

Someone has similar setup or any suggestions please?

Thanks for any help.

if i understand you correctly, then YES.

You are able to have the USG serve DHCP to the different VLAN you got Man Happy

down here is my IOT VLAN..

its set to VLAN 10.

and i go to "DHCP MODE" click on DHCP server.= USG will serve adresses on that VLAN Man Happy

Udklip.JPG

Kudos: 6

Thanks for your reply.

I have like this few other VLANs but for this specific 3 VLANS 110,120,130 I need that those VLANs will be getting the adresses from the DHCP server (with 3 different DHCP scoops) which is running on Windows Server in VLAN 100. 

Established Member
Kudos: 174
Solutions: 10

@Czechmate wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

I have like this few other VLANs but for this specific 3 VLANS 110,120,130 I need that those VLANs will be getting the adresses from the DHCP server (with 3 different DHCP scoops) which is running on Windows Server in VLAN 100. 

Then disable dhcp for those vlan and add the dhcp server ip adress in the field in networks settings for each vlan network.. so it won’t get flagged:blocked

Kudos: 91
Solutions: 23

The dhcp server will only provide addresses to VLANs where its interface is in the subnet.  So, if your dhcp server is giving out 192.168.192.0/24, then it will only do so to an interface with an IP address of (say) 192.168.192.1/24, and would not on an interface with 10.11.0.0/16. 

Established Member
Kudos: 521
Solutions: 144

[ Edited ]

DHCP relay Is  what you want. One dhcp server on 192.168 can server scopes for other vlans using diffeedif subnets. 

So for the other plans, ebsblr DHCP relay and put in the up of your Windows Server. You must also ebable relay on the subnet the DHCP server is running on. 

Help the community by marking issues as solved when they are!

If you need some help or just someone to bounce ideas off on a project, please send requests/details to:
consult@think-networks.com