Download traffic spike since deploying Ubiquity network

I installed a complete Ubiquity network in December and my data download has roughly tripled.

My ISP (COMCAST) has given me the last 2 monts free as a courtesy but if this trend continues for February I have to pay.

I haven't changed anything other than the networking and I am unable to find what is consuming all the bandwidth.

USG

US-24 (250W)

US-8 (60W) x 2

UAP-AC-HD

UAP-nanoHD

CloudKey Gen2

HELP!

Gary

COMCAST.PNG
IMG_20190211_110102.jpg
IMG_20190211_110109.jpg
IMG_20190211_110333.jpg
Established Member
Kudos: 301
Solutions: 78

Re: Download traffic spike since deploying Ubiquity network

[ Edited ]

Turn off automatic speed test.

Unrelated, that's a terrible mounting position for your access point. Those are intended to be on the ceiling, central to where you want the signal, away from metal. Second best would be along an outside wall, vertical, with the flat portion pointing toward the majority of the house.

Ok, turned that off. It didn't even cross my mind. Hopefully that fixes it.

Agreed on the mounting, put it there when I initially hooked everything up and haven't moved it yet.

Thank you for the information and the reminder.

Gary

Kudos: 147
Solutions: 37

@RobbieH wrote:

Unrelated, that's a terrible mounting position for your access point. Those are intended to be on the ceiling, central to where you want the signal, away from metal. Second best would be along an outside wall, vertical, with the flat portion pointing toward the majority of the house.

First off, I think the image was rotated as the electrical outlet is sideways too. But you're right that it's a poor location. Having said that, I think you meant the bottom (flat) side facing AWAY from the majority of the house. The AP is designed to propagate the signal down, out and away from the top (rounded) side which is why they should be mounted on the ceilings of the areas they're intended to cover.

Highlighted
Kudos: 147
Solutions: 37

@MyWIfesGeek 

Your bandwidth has been steadily increasing...is your network secure?