Emerging Member
Kudos: 35
Solutions: 5
Accepted Solution

Event window shows several "disconnected from LAN" and "has connected to LAN"?

Hi everyone,

I have seen several messages in the Event window that say "<xxxxx> disconnected from LAN" and/or "<xxxxx> has connected to LAN".

I can understand why such messages would appear after turning devices on or off.

What puzzles me is I also see such messages refering to devices that are configured to be up and running on a 24x7x365 basis.

Anyone care to explain?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 3812
Solutions: 300

Re: Event window shows several "disconnected from LAN" and "has connected to LAN&quo

"Disconnected" means inactive on the network sufficiently long to time out of the MAC table of the switch (assuming wired devices), a bit less than 10 minutes. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 3812
Solutions: 300

Re: Event window shows several "disconnected from LAN" and "has connected to LAN&quo

"Disconnected" means inactive on the network sufficiently long to time out of the MAC table of the switch (assuming wired devices), a bit less than 10 minutes. 

Emerging Member
Kudos: 35
Solutions: 5

Re: Event window shows several "disconnected from LAN" and "has connected to LAN&amp

Wow, that was fast. Thank you very much @UBNT-cmb!

Emerging Member
Kudos: 2
Solutions: 1

Any way to limit (or eliminate) the logging of these events?  I have an environment in which upwards of 69,000 of 70K events in the last 30 days are of this type.  All are from wired clients that aren't physically connected to the UBNT switches and therefore appear as "connected" and "disconnected" from the uplink ports of the USWs... useless info, really.

Highlighted
Solutions: 1

Re: Event window shows several "disconnected from LAN" and "has connected to LAN&amp

Do these disconnect/connect events mean anything?  Do we just ignore them?  Disable the event?