Externally Accessible IPV6 Address

Hello!

I'm new to the Ubiquiti community and product lines. Been an awesome experience while at the same time being a learning experience (I'm not an expert in networking stuff!).

My Issue/Question:

I recently got IPv6 up and working (/64 prefix) and all my VM's have been assigned IPV6 addresses, which is awesome. However, I'm unable to use them to access anything externally. I'm not sure what changes I need to put in placet to provide this access in a secure fashion.

My Setup:

Unifi USG --> UniFi Switch 8 POE-150W --> Devices.

I'm not sure what people would need or how to get anything in terms of configuration setups. The only thing I've got right now is a port forwarding for Plex (IPv4) and a firewall rule that I thought would get the IPv6 addresses externally accessible.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Oh, and I'm more than happy to provide outputs where needed, I may just need some assistance getting pointed in the right direction Man Happy

IPv6 Firewall Rule:

IPv6 Firewall Rule.png

Re: Externally Accessible IPV6 Address

Hey ashackelford,

Did you ever make any progress on this? I have similar firewall rules to you, but can't get my external IPv6 site to be visible externally!

Cheers

Highlighted

Re: Externally Accessible IPV6 Address

Just for completeness, I added the below to my config.gateway.json and it works as expected. (Replace 0000:0000:0000::1 with your internal web host IPv6 address)

{
	"firewall": {
		"ipv6-name": {
			"WANv6_IN": {
				"rule": {
					"1": {
						"action": "accept",
							"description": "Webserver",
							"destination": {
									"address": "0000:0000:0000::1",
									"port": "80,443"
							},