Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 14681
Solutions: 595
Contributions: 20

[FIRMWARE] 4.0.15.9872 for UAP/USW has been released | Stable

[ Edited ]

Please see our release post HERE.

Re: [FIRMWARE] 4.0.15.9872 for UAP/USW has been released | Stable Candidate

Should I upgrade to this version, or stay at 4.0.10.9653?
(UniFi AP-AC-LR and UniFi Switch 24).
Cloud Key controller does not show any upgrades for these.

Cheer's André

Unified since Dec. 2018: Switch 24, 2x AC-AP-LR, Cloudkey and Switch 8-60W
Emerging Member
Kudos: 17
Solutions: 1

@PE1PQX wrote:

Cheer's André

You'd have to wait and see if it's pushed to the controller version you're running, i was under the impression the stable candidate firmware got pushed to the stable candidate controllers but i've not seen a single candidate FW hit my x.32 controller.

@Synthetic wrote:

You'd have to wait and see if it's pushed to the controller version you're running, i was under the impression the stable candidate firmware got pushed to the stable candidate controllers but i've not seen a single candidate FW hit my x.32 controller.

I am running v0.12.0 on my cloud key, so best is to wait....?

Unified since Dec. 2018: Switch 24, 2x AC-AP-LR, Cloudkey and Switch 8-60W
Kudos: 14
Solutions: 4

All running smooth here. Upgraded everything, AP's, SW's. 

Emerging Member
Kudos: 34
Solutions: 14

@Synthetic wrote:

@PE1PQX wrote:

Cheer's André

Releases are released a week before they are pushed through the controller. The firmware should hit on Friday if my math is correct, then you should have the upgrade option in your devices tab.

Ubiquiti Employee

Re: [FIRMWARE] 4.0.15.9872 for UAP/USW has been released | Stable

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

This release has been promoted to stable. I have fully verified that this has been pushed to the release channel as with prior releases. What I mean by that is that all controllers 5.9.20+ should only offer an upgrade to 4.0.15 for all supported models of UAP and USW. You may need to force a manual check as the controller will only check once per 24 hour period.

If you're running 5.9.20+ and some devices are not showing an upgrade, or if you are offered a downgrade after the upgrade, then please perform the following steps.

1. Increase the system log level by going to Settings>Maintenance>System, choose Debug and click Apply.
  2. Perform a manual firmware check, wait ~60 seconds and then check the server.log file. Search for `firmware`, which should bring up most lines. You should at least see a line similar to the following:
    • [2019-01-06 16:52:12,529] <webapi-4716> DEBUG fwupdate - 200 GET https://fw-update.ubnt.com/...
    • If firmware updates are available, then there will be entries for each device/firmware. Please include these too.
    • Alternatively after ~60 seconds, download a support file, as that will contain the full contents of server.log (amongst other things). 
  3. Bonus step for those who are familiar with the file structure of the system their controller is on: please also get the following file: /path/to/unifi/data/firmware.json. 

Please then send both the server.log snippets (or support file) and firmware.json (if you're able to copy it) to me via DM. You'll need to upload these files somewhere online, like Google Drive, One Drive, etc.

Cheers,
Mike

Ubiquiti Employee

To add to my previous post, the rollout is still ongoing for earlier controller releases, and the download site. Those are in the process of being updated.

Cheers,

Mike

Kudos: 43
Solutions: 2

@UBNT-MikeDThere seems to be a caching issue with the webservers behind the loadbalancer for the fw api.
For each time you request the json the version numbers may change.
So on one load the us8 may have 4.0.14 and the next 4.0.15 but then the us16-150 has 4.0.14 again.

Highlighted

My 16XG upgrade keeps failing, I am trying to upgrade through the UI.

16xg.png

Emerging Member
Kudos: 5

[ Edited ]

My us-8-60 just failed also

error log - upgrade failed: download failed (error: curl:6, http:000)

Kudos: 1

I can perform the update from 4.0.14.9736, but it seems to perform the update and then instantly say the same update is available... the same thing happens on the 2 sites I have tried... I have not investigated any logs...

Hi,

After upgrading my setup own of switches doesn't wanna play anymore.

I have unifi us-48-500w and after upgrading to 4.0.15.9872

The Cloud Key wanted to re-adopt it but keeps failing.

I have tried to do factory reset, downgrade the firmware.

During the adopting process, it gets "status" Disconnected and it seems to get only half adopted

because under properties I find the option like:

Properties.pngProperties

And the Cloud Key is trying to adopt it but it keeps disconnecting and restarts. And the light on the front turns blue.

One strange thing after upgrading is some of my other switch (like US 8 POE-150W, begins to re-adopting,

but fails until I unplug the us-48 Poe, it goes back to normal.

And the POE on the us-48 Poe seems to be unstable as well because anything that the switch is powering, is acting

strange like my cloud key becomes sluggish and lose connection to Cloud Portal (I hade to reset my cloud key and move it) and my us-8 switch keeps restarting its self.  

Does anyone have any suggestion or help?

or is it "broken"?

I'm going to try to take it to my parent's house and try adopting it to there cloud key.

Thx in advanced

for any help

Emerging Member
Kudos: 18

Upgraded one of my AP's from 4.0.14 to 4.0.15 on friday. Sunday the AP restarted and today when I came home from work the same AP was showing "Heartbeat Missed" and in the event log I saw a list of disconnects and reconnects for the past 2,5 hours.

I pulled the cable that feeds the AP from the switch port and reconnevted it. It have now been running for 40 min. 

I will wait until this AP have been running for 7+ days before uodating the other one. 

Regards, 

Michael Lund Milo

USG 3P - USW-8-60W - USW-8-150W - 2 x UAP-AC-Pro - Cloud Key
Screenshot_20190115-170026.jpg
Emerging Member
Kudos: 8

Was up late last night upgrading all my switches and APs in the house to 4.0.15 and everything went smoothly and no issues seem to have resulted. I do all my firmware updates via SSH and the CLI FWIW. I even upgraded the USG to its latest firmware. Left the controller where its at though as the latest controller software sounds too buggy from that thread.