Highlighted

First post! Hello All! Switch disconnecting from USG Pro 4 when enabling LAN 2

Hello everyone!  New to the Unifi experience and hoping to learn a few things along the way.  I am by no means a network engineer and most of what I know I've had to pickup along the way and lots of internet/youtube!

I have a situation which I cannot figure out..  from what I know, the USG has two WAN ports and two LAN ports which are remappable.  This being said, it should be possible to have a configuration where you use WAN1 as your exit-to-the-world port and LAN1 and LAN2 participate in a single /24 network.

With my setup I have a USG Pro 4 creating a netowrk via LAN1 on a 192.168.2.1/24 address range.   With a single network created, I can pick up a switch no problem and (via DHCP or statically) assign it an IP on the same subnet.  

The problem is, when I go to "configure" LAN 2, I have to create a new network on a different subnet - in my case 192.168.3.1/24 - which the USG is happy to take.  The thing is, without exception.. a few minutes later the USG will disconnect the switch even though it is pluggend into LAN 1. 

My logic tells me that the two LAN ports should see each other (therefore the 192.168.2.x and 192.168.3.x subnets) since they are physically connected to the USG.  Is this the case?  

And lastly, why on earth would the switch be disconnected every single time?

Attached are my screenshots for reference.

Screen Shot 2019-02-11 at 3.44.35 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-11 at 3.44.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-11 at 3.44.57 PM.png