Highlighted
Emerging Member
Kudos: 17
Accepted Solution

Garbage Switch Stats

I've just been looking at my switch stats. It's a US-24-POE-150W.

Look at the following screen grabs:

Screenshot 2018-11-07 at 18.14.43.pngScreenshot 2018-11-07 at 18.15.08.png

Look suspicious to you? I suspect it's garbage. Rapidly losing faith in Ubiquiti.

Accepted Solutions
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1145
Solutions: 40

Re: Garbage Switch Stats

Switch the statistics to "Packets" and you get an option to differentiate between ALL/Broadcast/Multicast. You will find, with this low rate of transmitted packets (and the fact that they go out on all ports), that it is most likely Broadcast and Multicast packets... probably from your IoT devices. Be a little patient. It could take a little while to load the new data when you switch the packet types.

Untitled.png

Want to try out new features or fixes before they're released as Stable? Sign up for Beta here: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/204908664-How-To-Signup-for-Beta-Access

View solution in original post

All Replies
Kudos: 47
Solutions: 8

Broadcast traffic?

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1145
Solutions: 40

Switch the statistics to "Packets" and you get an option to differentiate between ALL/Broadcast/Multicast. You will find, with this low rate of transmitted packets (and the fact that they go out on all ports), that it is most likely Broadcast and Multicast packets... probably from your IoT devices. Be a little patient. It could take a little while to load the new data when you switch the packet types.

Untitled.png

Want to try out new features or fixes before they're released as Stable? Sign up for Beta here: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/204908664-How-To-Signup-for-Beta-Access
Emerging Member
Kudos: 17

Yep, that was it. Many thanks for your help