Highlighted
Emerging Member
Kudos: 1

Gateway Disconnects and SD Card Not Detected

I have a few dozen sites ALL running straight ticket Ubiquiti Unifi. They all have multiple UAP AC Pros, Pro 4 Gateways, US-24-250w or US-48-500w POE switches, and they ALL have a cloud key. 

I have one problimatic site where once or twice a week my Gateway will disconnect, but the site will still be manageable via VPN. I will SSH into the gateway and try the "set-inform" command to the IP address of the cloud key, but it refuses to adopt. 

Only by using the "reboot" command does the Gateway reconnect to the cloud key / controller. 

This same site will also expierience the cloud key failing to backup once or twice a week because the SD card is NOT detected. Every time this happens I'm forced to disable Auto Backup, restart the cloud key, and re-enable Auto Backup. Magically the card is detected again. 

These problems are getting on my nerves. Anyone have a solution? 

Kudos: 267
Solutions: 23

Re: Gateway Disconnects and SD Card Not Detected

Are you rebooting the CK or the usg to get the reconnect? I assume the usg but it’s not clear as you mention rebooting the CK as well for the auto backup problem. 

Before issuing the set-info command, what does ‘info’ show you the inform url is set to? Lastly, have you tried looking through the logs on either device before restarting to check for clues?

Emerging Member
Kudos: 1

When the Gateway disconnects from the cloud key, I'm rebooting the Gateway via SSH to get it to reconnect to the CK. 

When I get the "No SD Card Detected" error on the CK, I still have access to the cloud key, so I reboot the CK via the setting menu, 

Both of these issues happen at different times, but both happen once or twice a week on different days. 

I'll take a screen shot of "info" next time it happens. 

I've only recently started to dabble in SSH to resolve some of these issues, but there is still a lot for me to learn. Could you give me some instructions on the best way to pull relevent logs?

Kudos: 34
Solutions: 4

What brand is the microSD card?
Greetings

Mauro from Italy

TECH Service