Kudos: 32
Solutions: 1

Re: Gigabit ISP, USG slowing me down

@Silverado wrote:

Do you know the model of your Intel Nic? Is it in the I-21* family?

I won’t know until I get home tonight. It’s whatever is onboard the gigabyte gaming k7 (z270 chipset).

[ Edited ]

@Silverado wrote:

Do you know the model of your Intel Nic? Is it in the I-21* family?

Intel 1219-V. 

Kudos: 4

Well i guess my theory is a moot point now. As you are using the same family of nic i had issues with and now mine is fine.

I also did some more testing last nite. Now mind you, i have re-enabled and tested numerous times since i built this rig back in Nov2017. Also upgraded the bios 3x since then to no avail. Before i did anything last nite, i just re-enabled and tested. Still had only 10% of connection. Found a new bios that is only 3 weeks old and upgraded again. Booted back into windows and tested.....again. Lo and Behold i now have full speed back with the intel I-219v. I also found a new driver to test. I updated the driver and speed dropped to half of my connection. Rolled back to working driver. I have another computer sitting right next to me with a realtek nic so i can make sure its the system and not the net connection. The other computer never faltered during the tests. Ive never had such a wonky speed difference/hardware issue on any other Intel family of nics. Thanks for indulging my weird idea @adrjersch

@Silverado wrote:

Well i guess my theory is a moot point now. As you are using the same family of nic i had issues with and now mine is fine.

I also did some more testing last nite. Now mind you, i have re-enabled and tested numerous times since i built this rig back in Nov2017. Also upgraded the bios 3x since then to no avail. Before i did anything last nite, i just re-enabled and tested. Still had only 10% of connection. Found a new bios that is only 3 weeks old and upgraded again. Booted back into windows and tested.....again. Lo and Behold i now have full speed back with the intel I-219v. I also found a new driver to test. I updated the driver and speed dropped to half of my connection. Rolled back to working driver. I have another computer sitting right next to me with a realtek nic so i can make sure its the system and not the net connection. The other computer never faltered during the tests. Ive never had such a wonky speed difference/hardware issue on any other Intel family of nics. Thanks for indulging my weird idea @adrjersch

Wow that is some truly bizarre behavior. 

Highlighted

I know bro. Ive got a realtek PCI-X card that i replaced it with in it now so i just re-enabled that and disabled it. I dont trust it at all. Something is fishy in denmark for sure.

Not noticing an issue with the nic compatibility. 3 different computers all showing the same speeds. Now they are even slower. 150mbps. What is going on?

I went into full detail in my posts from the last 2 pages. Its been rectified. Its a flaky onboard nic. nothing to do with any incompatibilities.