Kudos: 6

Re: HELP -=- USG Crash-lockup/isolates all AP's (TESTED on other USG & Replicated)

Online since last reset 22h 45m running syslog from time of readoption till next crash and will update syslog after next crash.

"There are three things extremely hard: steel, a diamond, and to know one’s self". – Benjamin Franklin

Re: HELP -=- USG Crash-lockup/isolates all AP's (TESTED on other USG & Replicated)

I've heard nightmare stories from Home Automation Integrators with Sonos devices wrecking an entire network while in use. There are several other vendors of routers and AP's having this same issue with Sonos gear. 

Even AppleTV's can cause traffice issues. I always try to isolate AppleTV's to wired netowks out of the way of other traffic.

Just m 2¢

M

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 15859
Solutions: 606
Contributions: 20

[ Edited ]

Just curious, is the hosts file populating with a lot of data when it's about to crash? I'm just wondering, as per the error in the syslog.. Would you mind sharing that file with me when it gets into the problem state? 

Cheers,

Mike

Just sent you the latest SUPP file. With the client off site took a while to crash, they came home on the 14th at night and by the 1th morning they was in the crash state. I could not get the USG To respond enough to access or view the host file but file size wise it was 3 times the usual average. 

Now that the family is back full time crashes should be closer together now.

"There are three things extremely hard: steel, a diamond, and to know one’s self". – Benjamin Franklin
Previous Employee
Kudos: 41
Solutions: 10

@fearstyle @MAKuser @AndyWrightUK @ohohmai

May I have the model names of Sonos devices on your site?  I want to add those to a compatible test list, trying to narrow down the issue.

Kudos: 1090
Solutions: 86

@UBNT-Pio wrote:

@fearstyle @MAKuser @AndyWrightUK @ohohmai

May I have the model names of Sonos devices on your site?  I want to add those to a compatible test list, trying to narrow down the issue.

Sure.

5x Play:1

3x Play:3

2x Play:5

1x Playbar

1x Sub

When you receive a solution to your question/issue, don't forget to mark your thread as solved and to give kudos to the people who have helped you out!

Established Member
Kudos: 383
Solutions: 51

@UBNT-Pio

I have a ZP80 and a ZP100. The problem seems most acute after a power cut when they power back up simultaneously.

If you found this post helpful feel free to sprinkle some Kudos!