Internet connection lost

Hi all,

This is my first time working with Unifi products.

I have need of a specific setup and I've stumbled across some problems these last days.

I'll explain the setup first.

We have a company network in the 192.168.0.x range. Gateway is 192.168.0.1, dhcp/dns server is 192.168.0.17.

The Unifi network I need is connected through an USG to our company network.

The Unifi network contains an USG, a Unifi AP Lite, an Ubuntu media server and occasionally (when needed for configuration) another pc running the Unify controller.

I was able to adopt both Unifi devices in the controller and the ip range of the Unifi network is in the 192.168.1.x range where the USG is 192.168.1.1.

Originally this network had internet access, but when I change the ip range to 10.0.2.x (I need this in order to use some dmx controllers that are limited to this range) I lost my internet connection in the Unifi network.

After changing it back to 192.168.1.x it was still gone.

Does anybody know if there's something else I need to change in the controller's network settings in order to get the company's network internet connection through the USG so I can access it from within the Unifi network?

Short sketch:

Internet -> Company modem -> Gateway, DHCP server -> 192.168.0.x company network -> USG -> 10.0.2.x network

I'm adding a screenshot of the Unifi controller network settings. Range here is 192.168.1.x instead of 10.0.2.x, but all the rest is the same. I don't know what the DHCP relay does and if adding DNS servers manually will change anything.

Any ideas or advice?

Thanks!

2018-12-04 09_00_48-UniFi.png

Kudos: 1027
Solutions: 284

Re: Internet connection lost

What are your WAN settings?

Standard... Accept DHCP

2018-12-04 11_38_12-UniFi.png

Anybody? I need to get this sorted out and I have no clue what I'm doing wrong...