Kudos: 136

Is there a way to reset a port on a switch

Is there any way to reset a specific port on a switch.

Sometimes, a connected device wants to be unplugged and then be plugged back in, so that it can initiate a DHCP sequence. Is there some way to disable a port, then re-enable it so that the connected device will reset and re-DHCP?

Kudos: 44
Solutions: 19

Re: Is there a way to reset a port on a switch

If you log into your controller, you can disable the port then re-enable it. In terms of the DHCP, that would depend on the device. If the device plugged in is PoE, then it should reapply for a new lease when powering back up

I admire the compactness of your answer. It makes sense that to reset a port you would disable it and then re-enable it. Who would have thought it could be done this way?

But...

How do you do this? Where is the control to disable and re-enable the Port in the mobile app? (This, really, was the essence of my question. I have gone around looking for such a Control and I haven’t found it. So, where is it hidden?)

Kudos: 96
Solutions: 33

On the App, go into LAN, select the switch, select the port. Click on the cog icon. Then there is a Networks/VLAN drop down.

Change it to disabled. Apply it.

Change it back to the VLAN it needs to be set to and apply again to re-activate.

Remember not to do this on the uplink port as you will not be able to re-activate it.

Kudos: 1120
Solutions: 303

A while ago I forced a client to renew it's DHCP by simply blocking it and then un-blocking it after a minute or so.

[ Edited ]

I always like a good Road Rally, but at the appropriate time, of course.

I am not seeing this cog/gear. Here is a full screenshot. Am I on the right page? I have touched the port to look at the port info.

Normally UBNT software is pretty straightforward, but on this one I have searched high and low for your gear. Clues?

NopGear.jpg

Established Member
Kudos: 305
Solutions: 80

See that picture of a face? Tap that.

this is the gear icon on mine. It allows me to change the port settings Screenshot_20190212-121256.jpg

If you look to the far right of the Port 12 (where the face is), there's a right arrow. If you click that row, it should bring up the individual port settings

"See that picture of a face? Tap that."

That took me to another screen. Still no cog/gear or way to reset the ethernet port. (The "Block" control at the bottom os to block a client, but doesn't reset the port.

Really, why is this so inconsistent and difficult?

PNG image-C6326D523911-1.png

No gear where you show it. Perhaps you are using Android and the IOS app has hidden it somewhere else?

@SeattleDavid wrote:

"See that picture of a face? Tap that."

That took me to another screen. Still no cog/gear or way to reset the ethernet port. (The "Block" control at the bottom os to block a client, but doesn't reset the port.

Really, why is this so inconsistent and difficult?

PNG image-C6326D523911-1.png

From this screen, what options do you get when you click "Configure" on the top right?

Kudos: 1120
Solutions: 303

[ Edited ]

Don't "tap" the port info but swipe it to the left. Then a "Configure" button will appear.

IMG_0415.PNG