Kudos: 1

Issues with new USG

Hello Everyone

I adopted a USG Pro to an exisiting network, currently my network is like this:

ISP>Mikritik>LAN

I want to change to

ISP>USG>LAN

I adopted the USG into the network without problems, I configured the port forwardings on the controller, but when I ever switch everything to the USG, I lose connection to my local unifi controller after a few minutes , I can still ping it, but can't access it, same things happens to the internet, I get internet access for about 10 minutes, and then lose connection until I power cycle the USG

Kudos: 173
Solutions: 67

Re: Issues with new USG

Can you better describe the process you are using to adopt and then switch to the USG? Are you following a guide like this one?

[ Edited ]

@cainmp wrote:

Can you better describe the process you are using to adopt and then switch to the USG? Are you following a guide like this one?

Sure, to adopt the USG, I ssh into into change the LAN port to an IP on my local network, connect to the LAN, and then adapt to the controller, and yes I followed that Guide

Kudos: 173
Solutions: 67

When you SSH in, are you setting the IP to the same value that is configured in the network section of the controller configuration? Is the IP configured in the controller the same as the current MicroTik IP?

@cainmp wrote:

When you SSH in, are you setting the IP to the same value that is configured in the network section of the controller configuration? Is the IP configured in the controller the same as the current MicroTik IP?

My network is 192.168.38.1/23 the controller is on 192.168.38.10, when I ssh into it I change the LAN port to 192.168.38.11(free IP) then connect it to the network, adopt the USG.
The adoption is not a problem, the issue is when removing the Mikrotik from the network, after I do that, can't access the controller again, I get internet access, but not to the controller.

Highlighted

Hey Just letting you know the issue was solved, on the WAN configuration of the USG, I had 1.1.1.1 as preferred DNS, for some reason that was blocking my connection to the local controller, and internet after 5 or 6 minutes, once I changed it to 8.8.8.8, everything is back to normal.

Thank you!!

/closed