Kudos: 31
Solutions: 1

Known problems with US8-60w

[ Edited ]

I'm currently looking into buying the 8 port 60w switch to power my G3 cameras (2), cloud key Gen 2+ and UAP A/C Lite  but I've noticed people were having problems with the US 8 150w model.  I did a quick search of the forums and didn't find any post of problems with this model but I wanted to make sure before I spent the money on these upgrades.

I won't be able to install the switch for a few months until the house I'm moving into is ready so I want to make sure its going to work and continue to work.  Thanks in advance.

Established Member
Kudos: 752
Solutions: 21

Re: Known problems with US8-60w

This switch has been rock solid for me.

When you receive a solution to your question/issue, don't forget to mark your thread as solved and to give kudos to the people who have helped you out!
Highlighted
Kudos: 4

yep, rock solid for me too.
But I ran out of ports quickly, I had to upgrade.
If you already have three devices, I'd get the 8 or 16 port switch instead. The US8-60w only has four POE ports.

I didn't think of that.  I may have to upgrade to the 16 port version to handle later add-ons and all my existing wired stuff.  I got a few G2 cameras from someone on the forums that I'll be adding to my home network when we move into our first house and will be needing the ports to get those added as well.  I'm also wanting to run lines to certain rooms in the house to power my entertainment center.

Thanks for the advice.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 34
Solutions: 14

I love mine. Been solid.

Everyone else is correct, there are only 4 PoE ports. If you don't mind using external power for your CK, you can fit 4 devices. I personally have an AP-PRO being powered by a TP-Link switch, and it works well within my network. For the sake of completion, I might upgrade that to an 8-port Switch, but for now it works

Kudos: 81
Solutions: 10

@techy87 wrote:

I may have to upgrade to the 16 port version

Might be better to look at the 24 port; there have been quite a few threads on 16 port PoE issues recently.

I have had 3 of the same hardware in a year (2 x US-16-150w & 1 x ES-16-150w) and returned all 3 due to issues...

Would it be safer to just go with 2 8 port switches?  I don't have alot of room at one location I want to put the switch.

Kudos: 81
Solutions: 10

Works great an my in-laws place. You will loose 2 ports for the cross-connect.

Just be aware they run warm, so allow sufficient ventilation

Thats fine by me, may let me split up my cameras at diffrent parts of the house *Front, Back*, and allow shorter cable runs as well.

Thanks for the info

Established Member
Kudos: 752
Solutions: 21

Keep in mind the power requirement of your cameras you need to support. I thought I recall some of those cams being passive POE and others AF, if you have AF cameras you should be good with 2 of the US8-60 switches. To be honest, the reports of issues with the 16 port switch is low, but I understand the concern. For me when I plan out builds I think about am I going to be using a mix of old technology along with new. If that answer is yes especially with UBNT then you need to look at switches that include 24v passive. Then you're looking at the 8 port 150 and that is another rock stable device. Then your next jump is to the 24 port if you're skipping the 16 port.

When you receive a solution to your question/issue, don't forget to mark your thread as solved and to give kudos to the people who have helped you out!